Just back from San Juan - El Canario by the Sea

jennbk28

I hope jenn comes back to tell us more. We will be at the El Canario Lagoon for New Years and I am SURE we have chosen a good place just from email communication. I have had many, and I mean many, questions regarding an excursion to the bioluminescent bay. Linda from the El Canario group has been answering everything for me through email...she is wonderful. If the hotels are as good as her and her willingness to help, then it will be great. So, if jenn doesn't come back you might email them through their website for answers.

We stayed there last year ---for three days & found it a lot of fun -- obviously very close to the ocean & the people there are super friendly & there's actually a "sense of community" among the people there -- different from the major hotels and resorts where you generally don't talk to the other guests -- you just have to appreciate that this is not the Marriott -- it's a B&B -- some people would be turned off --so it's a trade off -- personally, I think it's a lot of fun & a great way to spend time in San Juan ---- also, the price is right, which you can factor into the equation -- I've also been to the ElCanario Inn -- same basic comments --

Bill

supply irons? is there parking? How good are the air conditioners?

I stayed here this past May....one night pre-cruise and one night post.

I don't know about irons, I didn't need one so I didn't ask.

I didn't need parking but....I think guests were able to use the hotel parking area across the street. Not sure about that, just thought I read it here somewhere. The taxis lined up one both sides of the street, so I don't think it's possible to park there.

Air conditioning.......all four rooms that I know about, the air worked great!

You should email the hotel and find out for sure about irons and parking.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Jenn, I just booked them for next April. How did you like it? How was the beach? Breakfast? Cleanliness, etc.?

Don't know if Jenn is coming back, but maybe I can help!

We liked our stay there. It was clean and comfortable. Just keep in mind, it's not a resort! But perfect if you don't plan on staying in the room much.

We also liked the beach that was real close. You can rent chairs for, I believe it was, $5.

Liked the breakfast also. It's in the courtyard. Cereals, milk, juice, coffee, pastries, breads, fruits.

Kenmo, thanks, we are looking forward to staying somewhere that is more of the bread and breakfast type. Everything I have heard about this inn sounds perfect for us.

You're welcome!! I think you'll enjoy it.....have a great time!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I ran across this thread. We are staying there pre-cruise for one night in March, 06. Only had one person say they did not like it. We are not fussy, just want somewhere to have a nice sleep before we head for the dock.:)

Sounds nice and when I sent an email to them making the reservations, they seemed very friendly. As long as the a/c works, I am a happy camper :cool:

We do not have to rush in the morning as the Golden does not sail until 11:00pm, so we can enjoy the breakfast and head for the dock around 11am. Of course they have switched to OSJ pier, but we can grab a cab and be off.

Did anyone go across the street to the hotel for drinks or is there some nice little spot to have a glass of wine and people watch????

Thanks

Archived