Snorkeling from the beach

Speedy55

We are going on a cruise that stops in Barbados in March. Can someone please help narrow our options down for getting a cab to the beach and back? It is my husband, myself and 2 teen daughters. We would like a place that has chair rental, restrooms and a place to buy refreshments. We don't drink alcohol so that's not an issue. Most importantly is the snorkeling and ease of getting a cab to the beach.

I was looking at the Boatyard but not sure how great the snorkeling is there and the crowds. Is it possible to pay the entry fee and chairs are all taken? Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We loved the Boatyard Club!

Didn't have a problem getting a chair, but we went there right off the ship.

Not sure how the snorkeling is off the beach - we had more than a few choices of tour boat operators that came up to us on the beach. Can't remember the name of the boat we went with but it was fairly inexpensive (I think we dickered it to $25 each?), supplied us with all the gear and snacks and took us to snorkel with the turtles and over a wreck.

248464_4203706463462_666436517_n.jpg?oh=03b058bca569103e4ca9a0f4130f115b&oe=587806C3

222081_4203708823521_1428439225_n.jpg?oh=2349fa3835a6c227e3013185e1c2babc&oe=58424362

603858_4203711743594_1539713989_n.jpg?oh=a56c56495db4f407cb19e055a385f916&oe=58859A41

If you are feeling fit you can walk to the Boatyard. You can see good fish if you snorkel round the concrete pillars of the jetty that sticks out in the sea.

Mullins is a nice beach further north, but if there has been stormy weather then there is less to see cos the coral sand is mixed up in the water with poorer visibility.

We are going on a cruise that stops in Barbados in March. Can someone please help narrow our options down for getting a cab to the beach and back? It is my husband, myself and 2 teen daughters. We would like a place that has chair rental, restrooms and a place to buy refreshments. We don't drink alcohol so that's not an issue. Most importantly is the snorkeling and ease of getting a cab to the beach.

I was looking at the Boatyard but not sure how great the snorkeling is there and the crowds. Is it possible to pay the entry fee and chairs are all taken? Thank you

Mullins bay without a doubt

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We loved Carlisle Bay in Barbados! This is one of our favorite ports and we always head straight to Lobster Alive which is next door to The Boatyard, but a lot quieter and less rowdy. I believe we pay $15 for 2 chairs, umbrella, and 2 drink coupons. We snorkel with the turtles about 100 yds off the beach every time we're there. The boat vendors will approach you for snorkeling and will start off with a higher rate, but we pay $20 pp and this was recently. We've walked both ways many times and it's no more than a 30 min leisurely walk. The walk is very nice along the waterfront and through the marina and over the bridge. We like to walk there in the morning and cab it back in the afternoon heat. You'll love it!!

We loved Carlisle Bay in Barbados! This is one of our favorite ports and we always head straight to Lobster Alive which is next door to The Boatyard, but a lot quieter and less rowdy. I believe we pay $15 for 2 chairs, umbrella, and 2 drink coupons. We snorkel with the turtles about 100 yds off the beach every time we're there. The boat vendors will approach you for snorkeling and will start off with a higher rate, but we pay $20 pp and this was recently. We've walked both ways many times and it's no more than a 30 min leisurely walk. The walk is very nice along the waterfront and through the marina and over the bridge. We like to walk there in the morning and cab it back in the afternoon heat. You'll love it!!

We'll have to try that next time. We've only been to this port once. Thanks for suggestion. [emoji267]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
So if your at the Boatyard can you just swim out (roughly 100 yards) and see turtles or are they much further out? Family friendly here?

Family friendly - yes!

They now include a boat out to where you can swim/snorkel with the turtles in your admission (about $20/adult - check their web site). To swim out to where the turtles are on your own is a long walk down the beach and then a long swim out into the bay.