Dining Changes on Anthem?

lauren0309

Since there will be no more dynamic or classic dining choice on Anthem, wondering how My Time Dining is on a ship of that size with so many people? Can't decide if I should have a set time or Any Time Dining. I don't want to have to wait long for a table and wondering if service will take longer.

Since there will be no more dynamic or classic dining choice on Anthem, wondering how My Time Dining is on a ship of that size with so many people? Can't decide if I should have a set time or Any Time Dining. I don't want to have to wait long for a table and wondering if service will take longer.

You can still make reservations ahead of time with MTD. Like you, we are not sure if we will switch to traditional. We sailed Anthem this past April and really liked dynamic dining, having the option of 4 restaurants was great, oh well, they listened to all the complainers who did not like the new concept, cruise a traditional ship then!!!!

Marg

You can still make reservations ahead of time with MTD. Like you, we are not sure if we will switch to traditional. We sailed Anthem this past April and really liked dynamic dining, having the option of 4 restaurants was great, oh well, they listened to all the complainers who did not like the new concept, cruise a traditional ship then!!!!

Marg

The Anthem....:D

I find these different dining options very confusing. We were scheduled for Dynamic Dining Classic which I understood was a set time in a rotating set of restaurants.

What dining options are now available on the Anthem next year? Any assistance / clarifications are much appreciated!

I find these different dining options very confusing. We were scheduled for Dynamic Dining Classic which I understood was a set time in a rotating set of restaurants.

What dining options are now available on the Anthem next year? Any assistance / clarifications are much appreciated!

Next year, Anthem will have Traditional (two seatings) and My Time, just like all the other classes of ships.

Edited by clarea

Thanks Clarea - so there's just one MDR and you no longer rotate between several "restaurants"?

They still have the four different venues, but they will all serve the same food from the same menus that will change nightly. I would assume that if you have traditional, you will have the same table in the same venue. If you have MTD, you may go to different venues. Just guessing as there won't be any reports until November.

They still have the four different venues, but they will all serve the same food from the same menus that will change nightly. I would assume that if you have traditional, you will have the same table in the same venue. If you have MTD, you may go to different venues. Just guessing as there won't be any reports until November.

If you have traditional you will be assigned to either The Grande or Chic, MTD will be Silk or American Icon.

Marg

So Grande will only be formal on formal night ? Will it be formal night at all of the four venues one the same night ? Will the "Famous Lobster" be offered at all 4 venues on formal night ? So many questions ! I don't go until May so I know I will be kept up to date right here lol !

So Grande will only be formal on formal night ? Will it be formal night at all of the four venues one the same night ? Will the "Famous Lobster" be offered at all 4 venues on formal night ? So many questions ! I don't go until May so I know I will be kept up to date right here lol !

Changing to Traditional and MTD on Anthem, there will be 1 or 2 formal nights just like on all other ships and it doesn't matter if you are MTD or Traditional or what dining venue you are in.

Edited by cruisenfever

The way I understand it, starting on Nov. 27,2016 there will be one formal night shipwide on all five day cruises, and two formal nights on all other cruises seven to twelve days. Anthem does not have a large MDR, so two dining rooms will be used for "set" dining, the same room with the same tablemates, and waiter, either Chic or Grande.

MTD will be the new DDChoice in either Silk or American Icon for walk up dining, or last minute reservations.

I'm guessing lobster will still be served, but may not be served on formal night. On our last traditional cruise on RCI, we were told that lobster wasn't served on formal nights anymore because the whiners complained about the butter dripping on their nice clothes.

As Bob Dylan once said " You can't please all the people all the time"

Hey, I'm from W-B!

Edited by Ocean Dancer

The way I understand it, starting on Nov. 27,2016 there will be one formal night shipwide on all five day cruises, and two formal nights on all other cruises seven to twelve days. Anthem does not have a large MDR, so two dining rooms will be used for "set" dining, the same room with the same tablemates, and waiter, either Chic or Grande.

MTD will be the new DDChoice in either Silk or American Icon for walk up dining, or last minute reservations.

I'm guessing lobster will still be served, but may not be served on formal night. On our last traditional cruise on RCI, we were told that lobster wasn't served on formal nights anymore because the whiners complained about the butter dripping on their nice clothes.

Hey, I'm from W-B!

I have never heard that and never seen that.

Lobster certainly IS served on many formal nights. There are cruises here and there where it is not, but by and large, it is served on formal night #2 on ships which have two.

Formal nights will occur as they do on the other ships. On set nights, in all the MDR restaurants (in this case, Grande, Chic, American Icon and Silk).

You would opt out of formal night just as you have in the past, by going to a specialty restaurant, or the Windjammer for dinner.

Hey, I'm from W-B!

Really you really were told this, by who???.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have never heard that and never seen that.

Lobster certainly IS served on many formal nights. There are cruises here and there where it is not, but by and large, it is served on formal night #2 on ships which have two.

Really you really were told this, by who???.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Personal experience folks. Don't shoot the messenger. We were told this by our waiters on Explorer, Voyager and Grandeur......The same butter story. We did have lobster on these three cruises, but NOT on any formal night.

This was a few years ago and very glad it has been reinstated!:) Or we were on a cruise that was doing it's own thing!

Yes, it was very absurd! :cool::confused:

I just got off the Anthem today after doing a B2B. While on board we booked a 12 night on her for December 2017. We were given two choices for dining - early or late. We chose early and we were told that we would be in the Chic dining room. There was no mention of any other dining option. Once my booking gets to my TA, I will inquire and see if there is another option.

Reid

Our last several cruises on Adventure and Serenade lobster was not on formal night...same story ...clothes ruined...and I have to say after having a member of my party have her evening apparel damaged by waiter spilling the butter out of his spoon accidentally I can see how this is so.

Just as long as there is lobster...I am good.

I just got off the Anthem today after doing a B2B. While on board we booked a 12 night on her for December 2017. We were given two choices for dining - early or late. We chose early and we were told that we would be in the Chic dining room. There was no mention of any other dining option. Once my booking gets to my TA, I will inquire and see if there is another option.

Reid

MTD should have been a choice this far out. That will be either American Icon or Silk for the entire cruise.

Our last several cruises on Adventure and Serenade lobster was not on formal night...same story ...clothes ruined...and I have to say after having a member of my party have her evening apparel damaged by waiter spilling the butter out of his spoon accidentally I can see how this is so.

Just as long as there is lobster...I am good.

Thanks for backing me up crisndeefromde :D:D

We are from De too!