Review of Carribean Princess 10/22/2005

frenchdugay

My wife Debbie and I just returned from a cruise with Princess. We have been glued to the weather bereau to watch if Wilma was going to be an issue.At first I thought we were going to have problems. The limo was supposed to pick us up at 4:30 sat. morning, at 4:40 I called the driver, I guess I woke him up because he showed up 10 minutes later with a Tshirt and shoes untied. He was sincere in his apology and I said no problem. We arrived in FLL and had to wait almost an hour for the bus to arrive. We were told there was an issue with the ship's arrival time and they were waiting to clear customs. When we got to the pier, the line stretched out far past the building. The humidity was terrible.The wait was long to finally get inside the building. Once we got inside the line moved relatively fast.The ship was gorgeous, pictures really didnt do it justice.

We discussed it and decided to go PC dining. Our rational was..its our honeymoon and we wanted to be alone. We went to the Palm and got table 70, set for 2. We enjoyed Humberto and Adrian immensly.After dinner we set a standing reservation for 5:30.

The only time we altered our dining schedule was for Sterlings on St. Maarten night. Steaks were good and tasty.

food at the buffets was ok, average I would place it. They had the basic items plus a few variables.

Midnight buffets were a let down from past experiences. The cruise lines must be scaling back on them because of waste.

Room service was fantastic, Andrae(our room stewart) was there as soon as we left and primped up our room as we went about our days adventures. I did give Andra, Humberto,Adrian and the Palm host an additional gratuity besides the automatic one.

Drink card, one night I waited 30 minutes to get a drink when the bar was only 100 feet away. I felt like the waiters would take care of other patrons first and leave us for the last.

All in all it was a good first cruise for Debbie and a good seventh cruise for me.

Archived