If you're not itchin' to read this - DON'T

to check your room : turn off all lights & turn down the bed so you can see sheets go check out the ship and then return and check your cabin and unpack...
If bed bugs are present, you'll see brown, and possibly, black spots along the seams of the mattress. The brown spots are bloodstains and the black spots are dead bed bugs. According to him, you’re not likely to find these stains on the sheets. Bed bugs are nocturnal, much to small for the eye to see. Further, a bed bug infestation can be detected by looking for their fecal spots, egg cases, and exuviate (shed skins) under wallpaper, behind picture frames, and inside cracks and crevices near beds. Carefully inspect the bed frame, undersides of windows, door casings, and loose moldings. Also, here is a "natural" product that I found doing an internet search: http://www.naturalginesis.com/remove_bed_bugs_the__nontoxic_way_.htm

Topic: Bedbugs :eek: (a 2004 and early 2005 topic) - Don’t like to bring this up but . . . has anyone discovered anything lately? Are you inspecting? What have you been finding?

This has been posted many times. A search will find the threads.

The fear of bed bugs is not to be feared... it is not worth worrying about!! Cruise and enjoy!

:)

Agreed! In fact, most hotels experience this problem frequently as well. The "guests" bring them in....

###

I've never had a problem with bed bugs. I am a flight attendant and practically LIVE in hotel rooms, which is why I like cruising - no hotels!

I think the time to worry about bed bugs is if you are having problems with a rash or something, until then you are just wasting your time worrying about something that probably won't even happen.

Now about hotel rooms - I have picked up ringworm and foot fungus!

Archived