How do you know if you will be at Havensight or Crown Bay?

sweetlove13

I will be on RCI Adventure of the Seas in November and wondering which we will dock at. Not sure how to find out.

In general docking information is available about 2 months in advance on several websites. VINOW dot com has a page with cruise ship schedules that is usually fairly accurate however November does not seem to be available yet. A preliminary schedule for the next year was circulated locally a couple of months ago. It is preliminary info (which you should check closer to your sailing date) but if you are visiting St Thomas on the 27th of Nov AdventureOS is scheduled to dock in Crown Bay. Hope this helps. :)

Up until just recently the Oasis class RCI ships were docking at Crown Bay...all other RCI ships docked at Havensight...now with a change in contracts all RCI ships are docking at Crown Bay...so sad as I much prefer Havensight.

I sailed into St Thomas about 5 years ago and ended up docking into Havensight. I will be on Oasis in a few weeks and see that I will dock into Crown Bay. My only plan is to go to Coki Beach which now looks to be about 10-15 min farther from Crown Bay than Havensight. What can I expect in Crown Bay? It does not look very built up in that area as far as shops.

I sailed into St Thomas about 5 years ago and ended up docking into Havensight. I will be on Oasis in a few weeks and see that I will dock into Crown Bay. My only plan is to go to Coki Beach which now looks to be about 10-15 min farther from Crown Bay than Havensight. What can I expect in Crown Bay? It does not look very built up in that area as far as shops.

Crown Bay dock has some shopping/dining .... but nothing like Havensight...I personally don't care for CB at all...but RCI didn't negotiate their contract to dock only there with my preference in mind :rolleyes:

Up until just recently the Oasis class RCI ships were docking at Crown Bay...all other RCI ships docked at Havensight...now with a change in contracts all RCI ships are docking at Crown Bay...so sad as I much prefer Havensight.

Is this only for RCI or does it affect Celebrity too? I'll be on the Silhouette in November and it would make a difference to my plans.

Is this only for RCI or does it affect Celebrity too? I'll be on the Silhouette in November and it would make a difference to my plans.

Preliminary scheduling shows Silhouette at Crown Bay on Nov. 23rd. I would plan on checking with VINOW dot com closer to your arrival date. :)

Crown Bay has some advantages over Havensight. Iguanas are always there and people love taking photos of them. You rarely see iguanas at Havensight.

Crown Bay gets more breeze than Havensight usually. Much more pleasant to sit on the dock and enjoy.

There is a popular with locals eatery at Crown Bay, Island Flava, whereas no local eatery at Havensight.

There is a bookstore at Crown Bay that also has local gifts. Their ink pens made from tropical hardwoods are gorgeous!

There will soon be a local brewery near Crown Bay so there will be even more to do.

I was told the skyride is within walking distance, but I never noticed there were two ports. Is the skyride in walking distance of Crown Bay? I am going to assume that is where Harmony will be in November

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

The skyride is near Havensight not Crown Bay...and yes HOTS will dock at Crown Bay...even if RCI hadn't changed their contract all Oasis class ships would have to dock at CB due to the depth, as it used to be a submarine dock.

There will soon be a local brewery near Crown Bay so there will be even more to do.

Ooooh, now we're talkin!

Can you provide a name/info/link so I can start checking it out?

Thanks!

EDIT- Found it! Frenchtown Brewery.

Edited by squiffynimrod

"Up until just recently the Oasis class RCI ships were docking at Crown Bay...all other RCI ships docked at Havensight...now with a change in contracts all RCI ships are docking at Crown Bay...so sad as I much prefer Havensight."

....Adventure will be not docking at Havensight in November??? I booked a tour out of Havensight so this is not good news. Please say it is not so!!!

Edited by OC PAT

"Up until just recently the Oasis class RCI ships were docking at Crown Bay...all other RCI ships docked at Havensight...now with a change in contracts all RCI ships are docking at Crown Bay...so sad as I much prefer Havensight."

....Adventure will be not docking at Havensight in November??? I booked a tour out of Havensight so this is not good news. Please say it is not so!!!

Sorry...I believe this is a done deal and the change has been made (possibly went into affect this month)...I'm sad about this too :(

The contract says (I believe) for the next 2 years all RCI ships when in St Thomas will now dock at Crown Bay and only will dock at Havensight if there is an overflow situation.

• 5 months later...
Crown Bay has some advantages over Havensight. Iguanas are always there and people love taking photos of them. You rarely see iguanas at Havensight.

Crown Bay gets more breeze than Havensight usually. Much more pleasant to sit on the dock and enjoy.

There is a popular with locals eatery at Crown Bay, Island Flava, whereas no local eatery at Havensight.

There is a bookstore at Crown Bay that also has local gifts. Their ink pens made from tropical hardwoods are gorgeous!

Harmony docks at Crown Bay? VERY DISAPPOINTING. We were planning to walk to the tram this trip as we have never done it. And we love shopping at Havensight!

Hi neighbor from OCMD!! Hope you enjoyed your cruise!