Liberty of the Seas

Ed11703

Princess76021 - thank you! Yes - very helpful. PCL used to have horrible beds as well, but they have started replacing the mattresses so they are now much better. I've sent an e-mail to RCCL - we'll see what they say. I hate to wait until we board to ask for a topper. We've done that before, and they were already all gone. Our friends who just returned from LOS said their bed already had a topper on it when they arrived, even though they didn't request it. I expect it was just left on there from the previous passengers.

Embarkation/debarkation info is helpful - thanks! We plan to use self assist, so hopefully we'll be off early, assuming their are no issues.

Still trying to decide what to do in Roatan. Narrowed down to Turquoise Bay and Club Natale. Another CC poster said they were at TB last week and the bugs were so bad that they had to move off of the beach and to the pool area, where there was no shade. This may be a deciding factor. I detest bugs, especially if they want to feed on ME!! LOL!

Just off LB Sept. 18. There were over 500 D and D+ on the Sept. 11 sailing. No way to have a comfortable cocktail hour in the D Lounge. Nothing Jorge, the D concierge, could do about that. He did what he could, but the numbers were overwhelming.

Is there not more bars to enjoy while you are on a cruise?

Hi, I can't tell you about Roatan excursion, however I can tell you about the beds! They are as everyone say, terrible! I've been on lots of cruises and this is the first time I couldn't sleep because of the bed. And yes we had a topper, still bad.

I can also give you our timeline on embarkation: at 10:55 we were getting off the bus from EZcruise, at 11:15 we were through security, at 11:30 we finished our paperwork and at 11:40 ( I walk slowly) we were eating at Sorrento's!!!!!

Hope that helps! :D

Princess76021 - thank you! Yes - very helpful. PCL used to have horrible beds as well, but they have started replacing the mattresses so they are now much better. I've sent an e-mail to RCCL - we'll see what they say. I hate to wait until we board to ask for a topper. We've done that before, and they were already all gone. Our friends who just returned from LOS said their bed already had a topper on it when they arrived, even though they didn't request it. I expect it was just left on there from the previous passengers.

Embarkation/debarkation info is helpful - thanks! We plan to use self assist, so hopefully we'll be off early, assuming their are no issues.

Still trying to decide what to do in Roatan. Narrowed down to Turquoise Bay and Club Natale. Another CC poster said they were at TB last week and the bugs were so bad that they had to move off of the beach and to the pool area, where there was no shade. This may be a deciding factor. I detest bugs, especially if they want to feed on ME!! LOL!

Sorry for the complete quote I don't know how to shorten it.

On debarkation, get to your area early and put your bags on line! Then go get your coffee and wait!!! Our bags were 11th in line!!! The gentleman in charge did a great job in keeping it organized!! Wish I got his name he was great!!!

We too were on this cruise and I must say I have never seen such deplorable

conditions in a diamond lounge on any other RCCL ship. Hot, crowded, noisy in the small space that is the diamond lounge, no table service, you had to stand in like for a drink, tables full of dirty glasses and plates, you had to hope for a breach in the drink line to get to the food which was picked over and never replenished and looked kind of nasty anyways. I spoke to Jorge and he said there were 500+ D, D+, and P's on the cruise. Apparently he has no power to make any decisions because hed told us that Miami (corporate) was aware of the situation and would not do anything about it. So he passed the buck. They knew how many would be on board and they did nothing. That shows me how little they care about their loyal passengers. We stopped going or attempted to go to the diamond lounge after the second night and went to the R Bar where we were taken very good care of by Melvin and Armi, probably one of the best bar experiences we have had on RCCL.

Sorry for the complete quote I don't know how to shorten it.

On debarkation, get to your area early and put your bags on line! Then go get your coffee and wait!!! Our bags were 11th in line!!! The gentleman in charge did a great job in keeping it organized!! Wish I got his name he was great!!!

His name was Christopher Edwards. We were so impressed we were sure to ask him his name and compliment him on the job very well done as we were leaving. He will definitely be mentioned in our post-cruise survey from Royal.

We were sorely disappointed to learn on day 6 that the Liberty does not offer (the promised perk as detailed on Royal's website) of priority debarkation to Diamond and above Crown and Anchor members. We have never experienced a ship that did not offer this, and, remembering the old days before we qualified for priority debarkation, we were more than dreading having to deal with the anticipated chaos and delays of debarkation without it.

We do self-assist, and this was hands-down the best run debarkation we've ever experienced out of 29 cruises. Mr. Edwards was organized, efficient and firm. He gave clear directions, constantly monitored people entering the dining room and made sure everybody followed the system. It has been our experience through the years that there are always people who sneak in the designated meeting area right before the ship is cleared and hang out right by the door so they can debark ahead of the people who arrived before them and patiently waited. There was absolutely no opportunity for this under Mr. Edwards' watchful eye, and we really appreciate this!

We're scheduled to be back on Liberty in December, and we hope Mr. Edwards is still onboard and organizing the debarkation process.

His name was Christopher Edwards. We were so impressed we were sure to ask him his name and compliment him on the job very well done as we were leaving. He will definitely be mentioned in our post-cruise survey from Royal.

We were sorely disappointed to learn on day 6 that the Liberty does not offer (the promised perk as detailed on Royal's website) of priority debarkation to Diamond and above Crown and Anchor members. We have never experienced a ship that did not offer this, and, remembering the old days before we qualified for priority debarkation, we were more than dreading having to deal with the anticipated chaos and delays of debarkation without it.

We do self-assist, and this was hands-down the best run debarkation we've ever experienced out of 29 cruises. Mr. Edwards was organized, efficient anhd firm. He gave clear directions, constantly monitored people entering the dining room and made sure everybody followed the system. It has been our experience through the years that there are always people who sneak in the designated meeting area right before the ship is cleared and hang out right by the door so they can debark ahead of the people who arrived before them and patiently waited. There was absolutely no opportunity for this under Mr. Edwards' watchful eye, and we really appreciate this!

We're scheduled to be back on Liberty in December, and we hope Mr. Edwards is still onboard and organizing the debarkation process.

Thank you! Now I have a name!! He undoubtedly was THE best!!!!