What's Below My Room??

AOYAS

Hi all. My husband and I just booked an 8-night Southern Caribbean on Carnival Vista in January. Our cabin is all the way forward (interior room with obstructed view...category 4j) on deck 6. I want to be sure that nothing super-noisy (pool deck, nightclub, etc) is directly above or below us, but the deck plan shows a big gray area under our room on deck 5. Anyone know what this mysterious gray area is? Is it part of the Liquid Lounge? Staff quarters, maybe?

Whatever it is, should I be worried about out-of-the-ordinary noise with our room in this location? This'll be our first vacation without kids in over 6 years...we neeeeeed sleeeeeep! ;)

Based on my experience on the Breeze, you should be fine in the 4Js on deck 6, but I would highly suggest calling to see if their is another room on a higher deck. If you used a travel agent/PVP (highly suggest TA for bonus credit, just transfer them to they one that offers the best deal), they can usually see accessible rooms which Carnival doesn't display on their website! I know the Breeze had some on decks 7 & 9. Maybe 8? Deck 6 has like Circle C and things and I would rather have a deck with all rooms..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by DisneyDatknee

The grey area is backstage, not the theater. If you were over the theater/night club, then you would need to be worried about noise, but you aren't over the theater. I have stayed below backstage several times, and only one time did I ever hear anything above me. Before a show, I heard a singer warming up her voice, probably directly above my room. That's been it. I can't hear anything from the shows or rehearsals from being below backstage, so it should work the same being above backstage.

The grey area is backstage, not the theater. If you were over the theater/night club, then you would need to be worried about noise, but you aren't over the theater. I have stayed below backstage several times, and only one time did I ever hear anything above me. Before a show, I heard a singer warming up her voice, probably directly above my room. That's been it. I can't hear anything from the shows or rehearsals from being below backstage, so it should work the same being above backstage.

Awesome! This is what I was hoping to hear from someone who's stayed in a comparable room. Thanks!