Anthem superior grand suite (confused need help)

Theresa522

Hey guys, I am hoping that maybe someone can help. We will NOW be on the Anthem in the Sky Class Superior Grand Balcony suite (wrap one) When I looked at a video on you tube of a cabin on deck 6 (we will be on deck 7) I see that there was a door which was shut and the gentleman had to open it to show the other half of his balcony :confused: Is this how my balcony will be also?

Hey guys, I am hoping that maybe someone can help. We will NOW be on the Anthem in the Sky Class Superior Grand Balcony suite (wrap one) When I looked at a video on you tube of a cabin on deck 6 (we will be on deck 7) I see that there was a door which was shut and the gentleman had to open it to show the other half of his balcony :confused: Is this how my balcony will be also?

That is probably the other balcony in the cabin next to you. The ships allow the opening of the balcony dividers if the people in adjacent cabins are cruising together to make one larger balcony.

That is probably the other balcony in the cabin next to you. The ships allow the opening of the balcony dividers if the people in adjacent cabins are cruising together to make one larger balcony.

I'm SO confused. I keep trying to find video or pictures of the wrap balcony but every cabin I find just has a regular balcony :confused: I know the cabin we booked has the 259 sq foot balcony.

We are also in a grand suite (2 bedroom) and the photos and room plans I can find show a wrap around balcony with a door between the main section and the portion behind the master bedroom.

Denise

Ours is just a one bedroom though. So there is a door on the balcony dividing the bedroom and living room balcony?

I'm SO confused. I keep trying to find video or pictures of the wrap balcony but every cabin I find just has a regular balcony :confused: I know the cabin we booked has the 259 sq foot balcony.

Not sure what stateroom number you have reserved but we had booked a Superior Grand Suite on the Anthem last year with a supposedly wrap around balcony, again should have been 259 sq ft., however when we boarded it was not a wrap around balcony, the part of the balcony around the corner belonged to the Junior Suite next door and our balcony was the identical size to the regular Grand Suite on the other side of us. We are on the Anthem in 12 days again and this time have booked a regular Grand Suite, if you would like me to check on the stateroom you have booked and the balcony size let me know and I will find out for you.

Not sure what stateroom number you have reserved but we had booked a Superior Grand Suite on the Anthem last year with a supposedly wrap around balcony, again should have been 259 sq ft., however when we boarded it was not a wrap around balcony, the part of the balcony around the corner belonged to the Junior Suite next door and our balcony was the identical size to the regular Grand Suite on the other side of us. We are on the Anthem in 12 days again and this time have booked a regular Grand Suite, if you would like me to check on the stateroom you have booked and the balcony size let me know and I will find out for you.

Yes please, it is cabin 7234

Hello! We were in superior grand suite (7634) on the Quantum, so should hopefully be the same as on Anthem. The wrap part of the balcony did have a door to separate. I think it is probably to cut down on the wind or maybe to make more private. We loved the suite and the ship! Have a great cruise!

3687_zpsppupipp3.jpg

214_zpsi9slkzkh.jpg

051_zpseprml6vr.jpg

048_zpsmbcrc796.jpg

043_zpshdnfkxxq.jpg

042_zpsfwzd3ivi.jpg

Hello! We were in superior grand suite (7634) on the Quantum, so should hopefully be the same as on Anthem. The wrap part of the balcony did have a door to separate. I think it is probably to cut down on the wind or maybe to make more private. We loved the suite and the ship! Have a great cruise!

3687_zpsppupipp3.jpg

214_zpsi9slkzkh.jpg

051_zpseprml6vr.jpg

048_zpsmbcrc796.jpg

043_zpshdnfkxxq.jpg

042_zpsfwzd3ivi.jpg

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! As long as it is 259 sq feet I am happy that I am getting what I paid for!!

Yes please, it is cabin 7234

In addition there are only 6 of these cabins on the ship and as far as I know none of them had the wrap around balcony when we were onboard - the stateroom numbers are 6234, 6634, 7234, 7634, 8234 (which we were in) and 8634 - of course things could have changed by now, but I will find out for you and post back here on this thread. We board on 10/1 so if you can just give me a couple of days to speak to the appropriate person. Also let me know if you have any other questions about the Anthem. Despite our disappointment with the balcony we did really enjoy the ship and the service and food was exceptional.

We were in a Superior Grand Suite on the Quantum & yes there is a wrap-a-round balcony. There was a door that was shut that all you had to do was open (kept close because of the wind). It wasn't that big but if you looked next door that was the balcony for the Junior suite.

Pat

In addition there are only 6 of these cabins on the ship and as far as I know none of them had the wrap around balcony when we were onboard - the stateroom numbers are 6234, 6634, 7234, 7634, 8234 (which we were in) and 8634 - of course things could have changed by now, but I will find out for you and post back here on this thread. We board on 10/1 so if you can just give me a couple of days to speak to the appropriate person. Also let me know if you have any other questions about the Anthem. Despite our disappointment with the balcony we did really enjoy the ship and the service and food was exceptional.

Thank you for your help and I will keep checking back for updates! I don't care if it is separated by a door I just want to make sure we get the 259 balcony that we paid for.

Thanks again

i was in SGS 7234 on quantum, and OS 12234 on anthem (which is right above, so had the same balcony configuration). We did have a wrap-around balcony on both, with a door dividing the usual side-facing balcony from the front wrap-around portion. you can open the door as you want. when i saw pictures i was annoyed about the door, but as we found out on the ship, it is very necessary to cut down on the wind - the front portion is extremely windy when the ship is moving.

when we first got onto anthem, the door dividing our front wrap-around portion from the JS next door was open. the crew members open it so they can clean the balconies on turnaround day. when we got back to the room after dinner, that door was closed, and remained closed for the remainder of the cruise, so our balcony was separated from the JS one.

i was in SGS 7234 on quantum, and OS 12234 on anthem (which is right above, so had the same balcony configuration). We did have a wrap-around balcony on both, with a door dividing the usual side-facing balcony from the front wrap-around portion. you can open the door as you want. when i saw pictures i was annoyed about the door, but as we found out on the ship, it is very necessary to cut down on the wind - the front portion is extremely windy when the ship is moving.

when we first got onto anthem, the door dividing our front wrap-around portion from the JS next door was open. the crew members open it so they can clean the balconies on turnaround day. when we got back to the room after dinner, that door was closed, and remained closed for the remainder of the cruise, so our balcony was separated from the JS one.

Thank you for your help!!

Thank you for your help!!

Theresa - at the time we were on the Anthem last year we were told that whilst the Anthem was supposed to be identical to the Quantum, the wraparound balconies for the SGS's on Anthem had not been installed - however they did tell us that they were looking at changing this in the future. I will endeavor to find out for you definitely when we board - I shall add you as a friend on here to message you.

Theresa - at the time we were on the Anthem last year we were told that whilst the Anthem was supposed to be identical to the Quantum, the wraparound balconies for the SGS's on Anthem had not been installed - however they did tell us that they were looking at changing this in the future. I will endeavor to find out for you definitely when we board - I shall add you as a friend on here to message you.
Thank you so much for your help! I really do appreciate you taking time to look into this for me. Here is my email also if that makes things a bit easier. thrs5222@aol.com

Thanks again and I hope you have a great cruise!!!

I can't understand how they show a balcony door from the bedroom and a door from the living room? Was there only one balcony door in your cabin? I can totally see why you were upset because all the RCL information states 259 balcony and even the pictures and the deck plans show the cabin as a wrap.

In August of this year we were in 8234 (Sky Class) on Anthem. Superior Grande Suite. Fabulous! The "wrap" /angle is the area where the dining table. On the larger part of the balcony - lots of space - 2 chairs which recline, and small table. Other side of the door - which we could open or close - was a full size outdoor dining table with 2 chairs. My attached photos do not really show the depth / width - but there is a lot of space. There is one sliding door from the living area of the suite. There is a floor to ceiling window in the bedroom area which does not open. The larger (wider) balcony goes from end of bedroom area to end of living area. when you go out of the slider door you can go one way to the "long chairs" the other way you can go out the door which you control to the dining table area.

IMG_8578.jpg.571a8b16c5734f8880b09b81b519430d.jpg

IMG_8580.jpg.dc2805018be89fb32daf4a7378933243.jpg

IMG_8579.jpg.78373058b23a9fc4df10778227685bb4.jpg

Edited by BEENSAILING

I can't understand how they show a balcony door from the bedroom and a door from the living room? Was there only one balcony door in your cabin? I can totally see why you were upset because all the RCL information states 259 balcony and even the pictures and the deck plans show the cabin as a wrap.

Yes, only one balcony door from the suite though I cannot remember if it was from the bedroom or lounge. I know the pictures and deck plans show it as a wraparound, that is why we booked it, however it didn't spoil our cruise, we loved the Anthem. As I mentioned before the HD at the time was most apologetic and did tell us that they were hoping to change these balconies in the future as the JS adjacent had part of the balcony wraparound section. Will email you as soon as I can after 10/1.

In August of this year we were in 8234 (Sky Class) on Anthem. Superior Grande Suite. Fabulous! The "wrap" /angle is the area where the dining table. On the larger part of the balcony - lots of space - 2 chairs which recline, and small table. Other side of the door - which we could open or close - was a full size outdoor dining table with 2 chairs. My attached photos do not really show the depth / width - but there is a lot of space. There is one sliding door from the living area of the suite. There is a floor to ceiling window in the bedroom area which does not open. The larger (wider) balcony goes from end of bedroom area to end of living area. when you go out of the slider door you can go one way to the "long chairs" the other way you can go out the door which you control to the dining table area.

Thank you so much! You are the first person that has been on the Anthem to have confirmed this!