Private guide for the Amalfi Coast

vandco

My wife and I just returned from the Mediterranean Tapestry cruise on the HAL's Eurodam.

We used APTours for a tour of the Amalfi Drive from Salerno.

We were very satisfied and thoroughly enjoyed our tour.

Our driver, Alberto, was very knowledgeable, personable, and a safe driver.

We were picked up right at our ship in a clean Mercedes. We travelled past Naples with views of the bay and Mt. Vesuvius and Sorrento with several photo stops.

We then visited the Amalfi Drive. Our first stop was in Positano. In addition to panoramic photo stops, Alberto drove us down into town, parked, and we had free time to walk down to and enjoy the beach. We also saw the California Hotel where Under The Tuscan Sun was filmed.

We next drove to Amalfi. This was very crowded with tourists and Alberto suggested we see the cathedral and then move on to less crowded Ravello.

We drove to Ravello. Alberto made reservations for us at a restaurant with an incredible view overlooking the coast. We had a table at an open-air window and enjoyed a delicious lunch. After this we enjoyed free time in Ravello.

We returned to our ship with plenty of time.

The day was very enjoyable and relaxed.

Sarah who works for AP Tours quickly responded to my emails and questions when booking this tour. Reservations were well organized. We thought the tour was a good value and thoroughly enjoyed our time.

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned a few weeks ago from a 9 day Mediterranean Cruise and when our ship docked in Salerno we were met by our guide/driver/delightful human being (which I arranged via email to use his services ahead of trip), Anthony Buonocore. I had been browsing this board ahead of this trip and he came recommended and I see why. He is a delight and has a very comfortable vehicle and we had a perfect day! I would highly recommend his services and he can be reached at: buonocoreanthony@yahoo.it and I believe his website is: amalfitransfer.com

We used Romeinlimo last month on our Brilliance cruise. This was our 2nd trip using them. It was just my husband and myself in a lovely Mercedes sedan with Vittorio as our driver.

He was charming and full of stories. When he mentioned how I love Andrea Boccelli, he put on a CD and we sat back and enjoyed the beauty of the coast.

I emailed Jany at RIL and requested lunch at the same restaurant, Da Costantino and our table

overlooking the Bay of Naples was waiting for us.

We stopped in Ravello, Sorrento and Positano and it was spectacular!

They were also our tour company in Florence and Rome.

First class company.

Edited by celebrity

For the first time EVER , Cruise Mom isn't completely correct!;)..we loved SimplyAmalfi for our naples portstop but had a less than good experience with Sicily Life the very next day.

We have also experienced more than one driver/guide, with the same tour company, and with different tour companies.

Unfortunately, we had a less than satisfactory experience with Simply Amalfi the one time we used them (Naples, Amalfi Coast).

We booked our Amalfi Coast trip with Mario from Pleasant Travel and were treated to an exceptional day. Antonio was our driver and Mario's sister in law, Pricilla had a wealth of knowledge of the area. We visited Sorrento, Positano, Ravello, Amalfi & Pompeii. Everything fitted around us timings etc and we were taken to a lovely family restaurant for lunch where we met Mario. We were back to the ship in plenty of time and would definately use them again.

I can't speak highly enough of AP Tours http://www.aptours.it

We first used them in 2007, again in 2010, and 2 years ago my TA used them on his honeymoon based on my suggestion. Likewise, our next door neighbors. Never anything but GREAT reviews.

Drop Sarah a note at info@aptours.it. You won't go wrong. Or search these boards.

We have also experienced more than one driver/guide, with the same tour company, and with different tour companies.

Unfortunately, we had a less than satisfactory experience with Simply Amalfi the one time we used them (Naples, Amalfi Coast).

That's too bad. It was one of our more memorable tours.

We used Rome in Limo Tours for the Amalfi Coast..Diago (sp?) was our guide..he's phenomenal..ate at a restaurant overlooking the coast with breathtaking views and fresh, wonderful food..believe me..you will not regret using Rome in Limo..they are first class in every respect. Enjoy..just remembered - the name of the restaurant is Costantino

We used Rome in Limo Tours for the Amalfi Coast..Diago (sp?) was our guide..he's phenomenal..ate at a restaurant overlooking the coast with breathtaking views and fresh, wonderful food..believe me..you will not regret using Rome in Limo..they are first class in every respect. Enjoy..just remembered - the name of the restaurant is Costantino

I agree! We booked Romeinlimo for Rome and Naoles in 2013 and had such an incredible time that when we were planning our 2016 trip, there was no question that we would book with them again.

This year, we were fortunate to be stopping once again in Rome, Salerno and Florence, all stops

that RIL could accommodate.

I asked Jany to book again Da Costantino for us and a table by the window overlooking

the Bay of Naples was waiting for us!!

If you book multiple ports, you are given a discount and they offer so many options.

We chose both trips as a private tour, but you can also arrange through your roll call a larger group or join their tour sharing option.

Check the thousands of reviews on Tripadvisor and you will see why that are consistently rated

a Certificate of Excellence.

We just got off a Mediterranean cruise and booked a private tour with RomeinLimo.

Our driver was Mario and we had the best day! He took us to Amalfi, Ravello and Positano in his very comfortable van (with wifi :-) )

Mario is very knowledgeable and just a fun guy to be around. He mixed historical facts with current affairs and anything we asked him, he had a great answer to.

He bought typical bakery goods for us in Positano and showed us all the highlights.

Because of his enthusiasm, we are seriously considering a land vacation in that area next summer.

I agree with Caroline. As long as u read everyone's reviews here on cruise critic you will get a great guide!!! I have used Rome in limo and Joe banana and also shared with Italytoursharing.com and all have been fabulous!!!

The last 2 years I have used Joe banana limos who have become my favorite!! I have them booked again for my June cruise!!

It has been a couple of years, but we used a company called See Amalfi Coast. They were very good, we go to Pompeii just as it it opened and beat the crowds, then we drove along to Amalfi Coast to Amalfi. Lunch in in the hills above Ravello. Really nice tour with a guide who spoke excellent english. They have a web site. Give them a try.