Food at Mr. Sanchos vs Paradise Beach, opinions wanted

poobears

I know the beaches are pretty much the same although the one at PB is bigger. We have 4 in our group and we will be in Coz all day. We don't drink but the kids would like to try some of the non alcoholic drinks. By the time I buy everyone at least one meal, maybe 2 if we don't eat before leaving the ship in the morning, drinks and any snacks. I figure food at PB is going to cost as much as just paying the AI price over at Mr. Sanchos. Wristbands for the toys are comparable at both places so both are pretty equal. I figure it comes down to who has the best food.

I know that comes down to opinion but that's what I'm asking for. What's your opinion on the food. If you've been to both which did you like better? If you've been to one, how did you like the food?

I can't answer your question as I've only been to Paradise and it was in 2005. It was worth the money, I remember that! But the food could have changed drastically since then so I wouldn't want to tell you it's great or anything.

I would like to know since JohninDC brought it up--do you know if there's a fee at Nachi if you do not do the all inclusive? Like maybe I just want to sit on the beach with a lounge chair and an umbrella and possibly eat and/or drink something.

I can't answer your question as I've only been to Paradise and it was in 2005. It was worth the money, I remember that! But the food could have changed drastically since then so I wouldn't want to tell you it's great or anything.

I would like to know since JohninDC brought it up--do you know if there's a fee at Nachi if you do not do the all inclusive? Like maybe I just want to sit on the beach with a lounge chair and an umbrella and possibly eat and/or drink something.

Sorry - Nachi is exclusively All-Inclusive for about $55 each, and is limited to 100 guests per day. http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

PB is exclusively pay-as-you-go, while Mr. S offers an AI side and a PAYG side - your choice.

Yeah I have one that insists on having something to do other than just a beach. Nachi would be out for us. Although I'm not sure they will even do the water toys more than a few minutes, if the water is rough, I've heard they are really hard to get up on in rougher water and they aren't strong swimmers.

Sorry - Nachi is exclusively All-Inclusive for about $55 each, and is limited to 100 guests per day. http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

PB is exclusively pay-as-you-go, while Mr. S offers an AI side and a PAYG side - your choice.

I had gone to the Nachi site you shared before I asked the question, and did not see an option for pay as you go, that's why I asked. I totally appreciate your willingness to come back and give me all the answers to each of the places! Thank you so much!:)

Yeah I have one that insists on having something to do other than just a beach. Nachi would be out for us. Although I'm not sure they will even do the water toys more than a few minutes, if the water is rough, I've heard they are really hard to get up on in rougher water and they aren't strong swimmers.

The water is usually not rough, life jackets are available, and if an old guy like me can get up your kids should be able to do the same. ;)

Not only is the water generally calm, but they also have trampolines in the water that kids (and adults) love to go on!

Finally got curious enough to look at Playa Mia that actually looks like it has more to do for the teens with the water sports course, boats etc. I always saw it recommended for little kids because of the splash pools, didn't realize it had so much for older kids and adults to do. Thought it was a kiddie water park from the way it's always described.

Going to have to look into it some more. That may turn out to be the perfect spot to wear them out. Looks like you can set up a package that includes the park, food and transportation. Though I think I'd rather do transportation on my own so I could get there as early as I like and leave when I want. Maybe just do the park and buffet option if we do that one.

LOL That is good to know. Thanks

My husband and I were at Paradise Beach not long ago, and we were entertained by the dads (bigger men) and the kids playing on the water toys. The kids would sit on the edge and the bigger male would jump on the toy and the kids would fly and land in the water. They looked like they were having so much fun.

We have been to Mr. Sanchos and Paradise. I have to say that Paradise Beach was not very expensive for us, but I didn't care for the nachos we got. At Mr. Sanchos we got several different items and they were all good. Loved the coconut shrimp.

I needed to edit this because I didn't share the fact that I would return here. Probably try something else to eat. lol

Edited by peymas

I have been to both, and prefer Paradise Beach. It's a little quieter (for me) and there's plenty of shade & Sun. The pool is better - if the water is rough or too chilly, The food is about the same at both. We usually pick 2 appetizer type items and the 5 of us share. Have breakfast on the ship, and a lunch/snack at PB, then an afternoon snack on the ship when you get back. They make most of their drinks in the non-alcohol version. My kids loved it - We will be back there in 2 weeks.

We did Sanchos when my youngest was 8(oldest 18), Paradise Beach when she was 11 and 12, and now 13.

Thanks they decided on Playa Mia after seeing the big obstacle course they have out in the ocean to play on and all paddle boats, water trikes etc. included. Looks like they have a lot more "big kid" toys there. After checking out reviews the buffet food seemed to be pretty blah so I decided to get the ticket only package and buy a la carte from their menu which looks much better.

I think we'll do the same thing, pick a couple of items and just share them, from the photos I've seen the sizes they serve are huge. So we'll just get a variety and eat family style.

• 2 weeks later...

Also wondering the best value on Mr Sanchos AI vs Paradise Beach PAYG.

With two adults ($55 each) and a teenager ($40) at Mr Sanchos, I am thinking Price wise they are pretty much even if we had about 5 drinks each and lunch during a full day there (obviously alcoholic for adults). Am I correct?

If this is correct then it would be pretty down to best facilities, so any advice welcomed here too.

Also wondering the best value on Mr Sanchos AI vs Paradise Beach PAYG.

With two adults ($55 each) and a teenager ($40) at Mr Sanchos, I am thinking Price wise they are pretty much even if we had about 5 drinks each and lunch during a full day there (obviously alcoholic for adults). Am I correct?

If this is correct then it would be pretty down to best facilities, so any advice welcomed here too.

If you are going to eat/drink enough then the AI option makes sense. If it is close I would opt for AI - then you don't need to worry about the cost every time someone orders a coke, bottle of water, or a dirty monkey

Relax, enjoy the beach, let everyone wear themselves out on the water toys, and sip from yet another margarita

• 1 month later...
Thanks they decided on Playa Mia after seeing the big obstacle course they have out in the ocean to play on and all paddle boats, water trikes etc. included. Looks like they have a lot more "big kid" toys there. After checking out reviews the buffet food seemed to be pretty blah so I decided to get the ticket only package and buy a la carte from their menu which looks much better.

I think we'll do the same thing, pick a couple of items and just share them, from the photos I've seen the sizes they serve are huge. So we'll just get a variety and eat family

I wasn't sure when your cruise was, and was wondering if you'very gone already. And if you did, what did the family think of Playa mia?