Does NCL Allow Service Cats!

kcwingwalker

I am loving this thread. The thing I always miss when traveling is my cats. I had one cat who would always show up the minute the suitcase hits the bed.

One time when I was traveling for my position as a livestock judge I had been in a hurry. Throw cat out of suitcase. Throw clothes in. Throw cat back out. Throw in toiletries. Cat out - shoes in. Cat back out and zip.

Now I get to my hotel and open my suitcase to find he had sprayed inside of it. So here I am at 9 PM hand washing my clothes and using the hotel room hair dryer to dry them for a 7 AM show start time. When the show was done I stopped at a Target and bought a new suitcase and threw the other one in the dumpster behind the hotel. After that experience I barricade the door when I am getting ready to pack.

On my last cruise, there was someone in a motorized scooter with a service dog. This person wasn't visually impaired, so I have no idea why they needed a service animal. In this case, a cat world be preferable since the scooter and the dog took up the width of the aisle whenever they traveled down the hall.

Some years back, we had a dog who didn't want us to travel. The one time I tried packing before going to bed, I woke up the next morning and the suitcase was empty and all the contents had been shoved under the bed and they were covered in dog hair. :)

She was a smart dog.

On my last cruise, there was someone in a motorized scooter with a service dog. This person wasn't visually impaired, so I have no idea why they needed a service animal. In this case, a cat world be preferable since the scooter and the dog took up the width of the aisle whenever they traveled down the hall.

A service dog is no longer just for visually impaired. Service dogs have been trained to assist hearing impaired in addition to alert people if their sugar is dropping, assisting if a person has seizures, assisting people who suffer from PTSD as well as many other scenarios. As you can see there are many situations where a service animal might be needed without there being something visual as to why the need.

I know silly question. But my Grace and Tommy firmly believe they belong in my suitcase and are determined to cruise with me. And it would be lovely on those long sea days so they would be doing a "service" NCL does allow service animals.

They will be staying in the Cancun suite at my vets and will be well cared for. Lots of attention and their own food. My cats are favorites at my vets because she rescued them and gave them the care they badly needed.

So I'm resorting to putting my suitcase in my trunk and doing my packing in the garage!

How do we pet lovers put one over on our furry friends?

Quit smoking the cat nip. There is no such thing as a service cat.

A service dog is no longer just for visually impaired. Service dogs have been trained to assist hearing impaired in addition to alert people if their sugar is dropping, assisting if a person has seizures, assisting people who suffer from PTSD as well as many other scenarios. As you can see there are many situations where a service animal might be needed without there being something visual as to why the need.

A cat would be smaller and easier to travel with. Maybe a hamster would be ideal?

I would be happy to babysit your kitties when you go out for dinner, maybe I could get the Garden Villa and everyone could bring their cats for a visit. I could be the crazy cruise cat lady.

I LOVE cats, but my husband is very allergic, so I've been kitten-less for 20 years.

Fortunately for me, my washer and dryer are in the basement so I can stage my packing from a table down there as I'm doing laundry. It just never makes it back up the stairs. And anything I need from upstairs can just go down the chute!