Elegant Night on a port day?

imjacismom

I want to order my hubby a cake to surprise him for his 40th birthday, so I'm trying to figure out what nights will be elegant night. I called Carnival and they said it's at the discretion of the Captain but should either be the 2nd or 3rd night on board. Well, the 2nd night will be Halloween and the 3rd night we'll be in port.

I've been on many cruises and don't really remember elegant nights being on a port day and I can't imagine they would schedule it for Halloween night.

To solve all these questions, does anyone know if I can just order the cake once I get on board? I've always done it before hand. Thanks for any info you can give me.

We've been on at least three cruises that the second elegant night was, in fact, on a port day. It seems that all of the first elegant nights have been on the second night aboard, however, with that night being Halloween for you, I agree with you that I wouldn't think it would be that night.

That being said, I feel sure that you can order the cake after you board. If you're going to be on a ship that has Cherry on Top, you should be able to order it there.

Typically, and YMMV, but in my experience the (formerly) Formal / (now) Elegant Nights have been on the 1) second night of the voyage, and 2) second-to-last night, regardless of whether a port or sea day.

Yes, I have seen exceptions.

If your last sea day is the day before returning to the ship's boarding port, the 2nd elegant night will be the last port night. We will experience this on our 9/24 sailing up to Canada/NE. The last sea day will be a casual night as usual on board with loads of activities crammed in during the day and luggage expected to be placed outside cabins.

MARAPRINCE