Boarding time

famreynoso

Whats the earliest boarding youve experienced on day 1? Without paying for it....

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

Knowing which home port might make a difference. For us, the earliest boarding time we've had, before Carnival had FTTF, was in Miami, and was between 11:15 - 11:30. If you don't have any sort of priority boarding, but you want to board as soon as possible, then first choose the earliest check-in time available (if you're sailing out of one of the ports that has staggered check-in). Once you've arrived at the port and checked in, you'll be given a card with a zone number on it. Obviously, the earlier you can check in, the lower the zone number you'll have.

Carnival would be Miami the Breeze, before 12pm

Royal Caribbean, in Vancouver this year we were sitting on the back deck of the lido buffet at 11:20 am. First time we ever literally walked right through the whole process. We never sat down or stood in a line, until we reached the card check getting onto the ship, and it was only like 10 people deep.

I have been on as early as 11:15 and as late as 1:30 in Galveston. Both of those without status and without late return of the previous cruise. The late embark time was when the previous cruise went to Belize.

I really don't think there is an average. There are just too many variables. Miami (with Plat status) was after 1:30 in May. I was check in around 11. Other have reported it was one of their earliest. Vancouver was one of the easiest and most organized, again, without priority and we were on by 11:30 (arrived at 10:30)

I always tell people take a book or a game on your phone, a deep breath and relax. Your on vacation.

In Galveston, if the previous cruise did not go to Belize, you are looking at 11:30 - 11:45 boarding time. If they did go to Belize, you are looking at a 12:15 - 12:30 boarding time. It could all change depending on what time the ship comes in and customs clearance.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

In Galveston, if the previous cruise did not go to Belize, you are looking at 11:30 - 11:45 boarding time. If they did go to Belize, you are looking at a 12:15 - 12:30 boarding time. It could all change depending on what time the ship comes in and customs clearance.

Why the delay if the ship has been to Belize? Our cruise goes to Belize (from Galveston) but it will not be in Belize the trip before us :)

Why the delay if the ship has been to Belize? Our cruise goes to Belize (from Galveston) but it will not be in Belize the trip before us :)

Because there may be people coming from Belize that have hitched a ride into the U.S., and Customs has to process them in, along with everything else Customs agents do, before Embarkation can begin.