eDocs Dance

smrtypnts

We had paper tickets and luggage tags mailed to us for our last RCI cruise this past August, so this will be our first experience with RCI e-docs. We had e-docs on our NCL cruise last month, and all went very smooth with getting luggage tags at the pier, but that was Honolulu which is a lot less hectic (IMHO) than Miami.

Has anyone had e-docs for a Miami embarkation that can comment on how the procedure for getting luggage tags at the pier went? Prior to going on our trip last month we pre-printed 2"x4" tags with our last name, sailing date and cabin numbers (we had two cabins) on them, plastered them all over our bags prior to going to the pier from our pre-cruise hotel, and this seemed to expedite the process of getting the "formal" cruise line tags on our luggage.

The paper tix are the conventional "booklets" that we've always received via postal or courier service in the past along with the baggage tags that we've afixed to our luggage prior to arriving at the pier.

E-docs are electronic documents that are emailed to you (in the case of NCL in a PDF format) that you print out and take with you to the pier for check-in along with your pre-registration (and now Set Sail) forms. Luggage tags are given to you at the pier and placed on your bags prior to the porter taking them away. You won't receive any paper docs in the mail with this method.

Your description was A1 perfect, BankofDad! On our PDF format of RCCL eDocs, there was a copy of 1 luggage tag with a barcode. I think you're right. It will be a good idea if I take copies of this (many times over) and afix this to our luggage at our pre-cruise hotel. Thanks for the suggestion!;)

I can't speak for Miami, we're going out of Tampa and I've never been to either pier.

Getting our luggage tags at the port was not a real big problem. The stevedores had plenty available. What they didn't have was pens! So it took us awhile to find a pen, and then to fill out everyone's tags with only one pen. But everyone was very patient. We had driven ourselves to the port and arrived around 2 p.m. So it might be more hectic if you were arriving on a bus transfer or at a busier time.

Archived