Which area is closer to FLL Airport???

Mlascheid

We are thinking of booking a late flight out of FLL(8:15PM) post cruise and thinking of booking a room for use during the day and then going to the airport from there. My question is....is the 17th street area or the airport area closer to the airport...or doesn't it really matter? Thanks!

SE 17th Street hotels are all less than 10 minutes from FLL, and you have the Water Taxi, dozens of restaurants, and everything else you could want right there within easy walking distance.

There are only 2 hotels that are actually adjacent to the airport property, and they're between 5-10 minutes from the terminals... They have nothing within walking distance though. Other hotels that call themselves "airport" hotels are all farther away.

Thanks Trent. I figured that the 17th street area would be the better bet since so much is within walking distance. As so many others have said, I am very glad that you and yours made it through the hurricane without too much difficulty. Thanks again for your insight it's very much appreciated.

Archived