SKY All Inclusive help

dcj1993

DH & I will be on the Sky in a couple weeks along with DS & a friend. I read that on the Sky the bartenders do not need your card when a drink is ordered at the bars. If this is the case, does anyone know how the bartenders distinguish if someone is underage? DS & friend are 20 and 19 but look 25.

I can not say how they do or do not veryify one's age on the ship - but I assume its like land establishments.

Do they look old enough? do they look close to 21 (either plus or minus)? that sort of criteria...they might ask to see the room card if they only look 25 (which around here, they card you if they think you are 30 or younger).

But also as an aside - the drinking age on NCL ships when not in US waters is NOT 21. It is 18 (with permission of the parents). I assume you are worried they will go drinking without your permission, but unfortunately with the nature of the beast (all inclusive in fare) there may be nothing you can do to stop them from getting beer wine at the minimum when you are not around. And it if they look like they are 25, then I'm sure they would have no issues getting anything they want onboard as things would be much more lax considering the drinking age is 18, not 21.

The drinking age is still 21 on this itinerary. The legal age when in international waters is 18, because the ship is registered in the Bahamas, but NCL is free to impose stricter rules if they want. And they want, so it's 21.

As you said, it goes down to 18 for beer/wine, but only with parental consent, so they still need to card everyone who looks potentially under 21, just like on land. (Not that the bar staff on board has any experience with working on land in the US.)

Took DD on the Sky in August, two days after her 21st birthday. Two times on the first day (different bartenders) she was asked for her room key to prove her age. After that there was no problem.

edit: I see you are looking at it from the other perspective. If they look old enough, they will probably be able to order drinks. That will have to be between you and them, I'm afraid.

Edited by redfantum