Sea sickness !

Presto2

Another vote for Stugeron. I take one, morning, afternoon and bedtime on sea days. On port days I take one before sailing and at bedtime. I never get seasick now, but before Stugeron I would suffer at least once on a cruise. It works for my sister too without any drowsiness.

Thanks everyone, some really good tips. I will pass them on.

We are thinking of Oceana and know that you can feel her move when it gets a bit boppy. :D

Hi again. I just noticed in this post you mentioned Oceana. If it's any help we were on Oceana in May this year in an aft cabin. Neither my sister or myself had any problem. We're both very sensitive to motion sickness, but Stugeron worked well for us.

I've stayed in all types of cabin in all areas of ships large and small. Twice it was as far aft as you could get, but no problem. Before Stugeron I had an unpleasant experience in a forward cabin, so I tend to shy away from those even thought they would probably be OK now.

Hi again. I just noticed in this post you mentioned Oceana. If it's any help we were on Oceana in May this year in an aft cabin. Neither my sister or myself had any problem. We're both very sensitive to motion sickness, but Stugeron worked well for us.

I've stayed in all types of cabin in all areas of ships large and small. Twice it was as far aft as you could get, but no problem. Before Stugeron I had an unpleasant experience in a forward cabin, so I tend to shy away from those even thought they would probably be OK now.

Many thanks - we are going to pass all of these tips on to my sister in law. :)

I would have recommended Arcadia if I'd got to this thread a bit sooner. She's a very good sailor.

The other encouraging factor is that mostly, the sea doesn't get rough. There's every chance there won't be enough waves to be an issue.

I would have recommended Arcadia if I'd got to this thread a bit sooner. She's a very good sailor.

The other encouraging factor is that mostly, the sea doesn't get rough. There's every chance there won't be enough waves to be an issue.

Thanks. They specifically wanted Oceana as they like the itinerary, so we are happy to go along with that. LOVED our holiday this August and are really fond of her. :-)

I suppose sea sickness is like travel sickness. I can't for the life of me understand why people get sick in a car or on a bus, but they do. The same on a ship - can't understand why people get queasy when it is a gentle force 4 / 5.

I just guess that we are lucky. :)