Regal in NY

deliver42

Daveeeeeeee welcome down from your perch. lol I happen to see the Regal today docked in Brooklyn on the webcam on a beautiful day in NY (actually thought I was nuts for viewing it I see I am not alone:D) . I am doing a BVE on her in 3 weeks and a 7 day in December. Hope all is well with you and Grey kitty :)

Daveeeeeeee welcome down from your perch. lol I happen to see the Regal today docked in Brooklyn on the webcam on a beautiful day in NY (actually thought I was nuts for viewing it I see I am not alone:D) . I am doing a BVE on her in 3 weeks and a 7 day in December. Hope all is well with you and Grey kitty :)

Andrea! Hope all is well. That cat is still mean and rotten to the core! I'd love to do a BVE on her in Brooklyn, even looked at taken a Greyhound bus or driving over, but it's not cost/time effective either way I do it. I also looked at a 5-night on her for next year, but Anthem of the Seas was hundreds of dollars less, offered better OBC, and I got one of those HUGE balconies attached to a solo studio cabin for cheaper than what Princess Cruises wanted for an Inside Cabin.

Andrea! Hope all is well. That cat is still mean and rotten to the core! I'd love to do a BVE on her in Brooklyn, even looked at taken a Greyhound bus or driving over, but it's not cost/time effective either way I do it. I also looked at a 5-night on her for next year, but Anthem of the Seas was hundreds of dollars less, offered better OBC, and I got one of those HUGE balconies attached to a solo studio cabin for cheaper than what Princess Cruises wanted for an Inside Cabin.

Excellent! I am sure you will have awesome time. Always good to "see" you.

Is that even possible? lol ;)

I'm sure you'll both have a great time either way. Did you get an aft balcony again? One of these days I'll get back out there. I'm under the 1-year mark for my Anthem of the Seas cruise to Bermuda next year. Looking forward to it!

:D

Yes sir reee. Aft on Dolphin. Half covered, half uncovered. I'm looking forward to only half my body covered in soot.

Switching to RC now I see?! Have you started any epic threads on the RC boards yet???

It did look like it, didn't it!?! After departing the Red Hook cruise terminal in Brooklyn she sails out to mid-channel and turns left, this is about as close as she gets...Statue of Liberty is in the upper left corner:

The perspective from which the camera is located makes it looks like she "sails by the statue", when technically it really doesn't. These two screengrabs - one from from http://www.nyharborwebcam.com and the other from Marine Traffic AIS taken at the same time (5:34pm) - show her location in relation to the statue:

At that point the statue is about 1-1/2 miles north of the ship:

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't think she went past the Statue and then I watched the harbor cam and did get confused. It is very misleading. But the ride through the NY harbor is still nice.

Yes sir reee. Aft on Dolphin. Half covered, half uncovered. I'm looking forward to only half my body covered in soot.

Switching to RC now I see?! Have you started any epic threads on the RC boards yet???

Too funny. It's already began and you haven't even had Drink #1!

No more epic threads for me, ever. I'm comfortable sitting back and watching the other Cruise Critic veterans be of assistance on the new builds. Maybe when the Super Royal-class comes out after the current class I'll chime in with a new thread.

I've actually done as many RCI cruises as I have Princess, and thought it'd be nice to try the new Quantum-class. I can't say that they'll have anything close to compete with the International Café, Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar, or Alfredo's (remind me again why I booked that other ship), but I'll have to suffer for five days. If worse comes to worse, I'll order room service and eat on my balcony!

:cool:

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't think she went past the Statue and then I watched the harbor cam and did get confused. It is very misleading. But the ride through the NY harbor is still nice.

The first time I watched it I had to double check myself. I've sailed from Manhattan quite a few times, and you're right, it's wonderful to sail down the Hudson River and through the harbor! Having now watched hundreds of sailings from Brooklyn and Bayonne it's still misleading/confusing from the angle of the camera. My sailing next year from Bayonne will come about two miles from the statue at its closest point, and that's while it's still sitting pierside...just won't be the same.

:D