Regal NY/FL 10-27

klenklen

Is it about 24 hours after departure that the weather starts warming up? Am I wrong to figure at about 22 knots the ship is down near NC a day after departure?

Not to be a wise arse, but it depends on the weather. Here in Southeast Virginia, it is typically 5 degrees warmer than central New Jersey. The weather usually comes from the south / southwest. All bets are off when those pesky Canadians send that cold stuff down. Figure that there will be a discernable difference in two days of southerly sailing.

Is it about 24 hours after departure that the weather starts warming up? Am I wrong to figure at about 22 knots the ship is down near NC a day after departure?

Why not join the roll call for that cruise

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2212267

There are many people there that have done this cruise multiple times and have valuable information...

• 1 year later...

Hi i am on the Regal Princess Cruise November 1, 2018...Joined the roll call...but not too much happening on there as yet....but a couple of years ago i took a caribbean cruise out of NYC on NCL Gem on an 11 night caribbean cruise....and yes the first two days were chilly...on the second day in the afternoon, it did start warming up where people were out playing shuffle board or sitting in a lounge chair...first day at sea, though, was very chilly and windy...rough seas first day also...second day it calmed down....after that was warm weather...coming home, we didn't hit chilly weather until the last sea day....

Hope that the roll call starts getting some more people...this is my 4th Princess Cruise, but first Princess Cruise out of the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. Will there be people taking the Princess Transfer from the Jet Blue baggage claim on November 1st?