wine in cabin

charliebartine

yes, you can get it through room service or can go to vines and get more choices. Just tell them you want it for later, room steward can bring opener if you need one. Also you are allowed to bring one bottle per person when you board, and extra if you wish with a $15.00 surcharge per bottle above the allowed one.

Edited by Coveguy4

Do you mean ordering in advance to have a bottle in your cabin upon embarkation?

Here's the link to pre-order gifts and services (click on 'Beverage Packages and Cellars', scroll down to 'Champagne and Wines'):

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

If you were asking about ordering from room service after boarding, the selection and prices should be more or less the same.

Yep, do it all the time.

As mentioned, guests are allowed to bring one bottle of wine on board at embarkation p.p. at the beginning of the cruise, free. Any bottles after that, at the embarkation port or any other port, there is a surcharge of $15.00 (HAL charges $18.00. and a lot of other lines do not allow it even for a surcharge.)

I always pre order four or five bottles of wine and any other spirits we might desire, which is usually waiting in our cabin upon our arrival. Also, as elites we receive: "Your stateroom will receive one mini bar set up consisting of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once onboard you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply. Drinks will be refilled upon request and you will only be charged for the additionally requested drinks consumed."

The staff is really busy, as most know, during the first few hours of embarkation, so it is wise to have your own corkscrew with you. True, you can call for cabin service and they will send someone to open your bottle of wine, but you could be in for a considerable wait.

One time, I forgot ours, but since they usually had one in the cabin it didn't concern me, unfortunately about that time Princess had discontinued leaving corkscrews in the cabins. So I called room service and asked them to drop one off. No can do they said, "against the rules". Of course, I could call them to "hustle" to our cabin and open my bottle for me at anytime. Their reasons for not leaving an opener in the cabin were a little vague, they actually suggested the policy was because kids could hurt themselves with one, I said, "no kids here so send one down", I had offered to purchase the corkscrew from them at the get-go; I gave them a little more static then gave up. I sat there with my unopened bottle in a bemused frame of mind. Since we had just pulled away from the pier, I decided to go down to the now open gift shop, just in case. Sure enough, they had a nice selection of corkscrews at a very reasonable price.

A while later, while enjoying my wine on the balcony, a nice officer stopped by. He wanted to offer further explanation. I suggested to him, look, have your folks just tell the truth. For instance, say: "company policy is not to place complimentary corkscrews in the cabins but we have a fine selection in our gift shops." Now, that isn't so hard is it?

yes, you can get it through room service or can go to vines and get more choices. Just tell them you want it for later, room steward can bring opener if you need one. Also you are allowed to bring one bottle per person when you board, and extra if you wish with a $15.00 surcharge per bottle above the allowed one.

One 750ml bottle of wine or champagne for consumption inside stateroom.