Upgrade

terratrac

I went the cheap route for our upcoming cruise and booked a inside cabin. I would like to upgrade to a balcony but your talking about a $500 difference. I have never received an upgrade call. Any one have success calling carnival and getting a reduced rate after you have been booked and fully paid for an upgrade?

I went the cheap route for our upcoming cruise and booked a inside cabin. I would like to upgrade to a balcony but your talking about a $500 difference. I have never received an upgrade call. Any one have success calling carnival and getting a reduced rate after you have been booked and fully paid for an upgrade?

No can do. If you want a balcony, you can call Carnival and pay the difference in posted fares.

Your chances of receiving an upsell call at a discounted rate are slim & none.

I did the cheap route too for mine. Stalk the carnival site everyday and maybe something will come up. If something comes up, I may go to an OV. If not I'll be happy where I'm at. One OV came up for $20 cheaper, but it was an AFT. I'm holding out for midship or forward. Who knows, maybe a balcony will come my way. For me its only a 5 day getaway to HMC & Nassau so it's no big deal, but I do like daylight when I awaken.

No choice but to wait and hope. Why don't you ask your TA.

Upgrade fairy did call me, for the first time, after sailing for over 10 years.

First call was to upgrade to a suite and I was not home. I called back but it was gone. :mad: A few days later, I received a second call to upgrade to an OV, I was in an inside cabin. Since I was traveling with others, I didn't want to go to another deck and I turned it down.

I received the calls very closing to our sailing date. It does happen! Just keep your hopes up. :D