Where to get the cheapest tix for DisneyWorld and other attractions in FL?

Being a Fl resident I have seen discount tix available for attractions but they sometimes have strings attached(must go to a timeshare presentation etc). I have never found discount tix to DisneyWorld other than for being a Fl. resident. Sometimes people try to sell unused tix, just be careful as my tix has my finger scan with it, so if you bought my pass and went to the gate you would be denied entrance because your finger scan would not mathc and you would not have proof of the name on the tix. Now I'm not saying there aren't some out there, just make sure you know you are buying usable tix. Other places like Busch gardens and Universal sometimes offer buy 1 day get 1 free. Good luck, I hope you have a great time.

www.mousesavers.com is a great website. A few other good Disney sites are www.wdwig.com and www.wdwinfo.com.

Most of these have online newsletter capabilities and the latest/greatest info will come right to your email box.

Enjoy - I hate to say, but WDW is our favorite vacation place (our Honeymoon destination), but cruising is right below it;)

Hey, Albertablueskies. Saw your post about Orlando hotels too. Allearsnet is great if you like to do the research yourself, but if you post the same things you're posting here over on the Disboards - www.disboards.com -

you'll be tapping into the expertise of thousands! Those folks are just as crazy about Disney, and just as knowledgable, as the folks here are about cruising.

Today we've got some of those blue skies over here in Nova Scotia too, but some day, I'm heading out to Alberta to check it out.

Let me warn you about purchasing Disney tickets from anyone other than a Disney owned company.

Disney now uses bio-metric technology for recognition of guests and fingerprints. What this means is if someone gives you a 5 day pass with days remaining on it you cannot use it.

Each time you enter the park your fingers are scanned while the ticket is in the reader. Once a match has been confirmed your ticket is returned and you may proceed past the turnstile.

For years re-sellers have bought and sold multi-day passes and re-sold them for a profit. People that utilize this system now are turned away at the gate. We saw this happed for 5 days in a row this summer during our vacation.

Check for new tickets at a credit union, employee benefits center at your work or bank. Those seem to be the only legit places to purchase Disney tickets off-site.

Whatever you do, purchase them with your AMEX card, they stand behind you versus the merchant if you refute the charges.

Enjoy The Trip!

Lee in Houston

As long as the tickets are purchased from a reputable authorized seller of tickets you'll be fine. Do not buy from eBay or the vendors on the street corners in Orlando....you might end up with admission media that is no longer valid and can't be used....there is no way to tell until it too late. Mousesavers recommends ticketmania, I think. Probably some others as wekk. If it is recommended on that site, you will know it is legitimate.

I highly!!!! recommend intercot.com. Very friendly people (even friendlier than this board), and they have sponsors who will work to get you discounts on rooms and tickets. I planned my family reunion trip this June using the advice from the people on the discussion board, and enjoyed myself so much, I took a trip with some girls from work last month. I don't know if I'm allowed to list the names of the Sponsors, but check the discussion boards. They'll be easy to figure out.

I found them much more helpful than the other websites that were listed - although those websites were good too.

Let me know if you have any other questions. :D

So how much do you really save? $10, $20? Is it really worth it to take the gamble it might not get you in?

If you are buying from a Disney authorized ticket seller then there is no chance you 'won't get in.' The places mentioned are in the same classification of authorized ticket brokers as AAA. Would you really hesitate to purchase from them? The last ones I bought were from Hotwire Savings Club, which unfortunately is no longer in business. I think I saved $50+ or so per ticket. For 5 of us it was a terrific savings.

Disney does not discount single day tickets. All of the retailers mentioned are authorized sellers. Mapleleaf.com seems to be a good deal and is legal. Other than that AAA for multi day passes. Mousesavers is great for discounts on lodging etc. With Disney you just have to bite the bullet. They offer discounts but they are for multi day only and while this is tempting I am never sure how often I can get back and their new ploy is to make them expire unless you pay more for them not to.

Disney does not read your fingerprints, although this is a common misconception. Instead they measure the length of your fingers. I am not saying that is not in the works but for those that think your finger print information is none of Disney's beeswax you don't have to worry about that.

For a board like this one only all about Disney go to http://www.disboards.com/index.php really good and timely information about the Mouse experience. Some of the people are a little into the Mouse in a way that makes the more passionate cruisers here look like merely mildly interested people but that's OK too.

I have been to all these sites and unless you are buying the multi-day passes with all the bells and whistles you are not getting any big discount. you might save $2. On the mutil day tickets you are looking at around $20 per person savings..which if you have 4 people that is $80..a good savings. But if you are going for just 3 or less days you are not going to find any deeply discounted tickets..if it seems to good to be true..it probably is. Disney has it wrapped up tight and really when compared with other types of entertainment their price, for what you get is a pretty good deal. So if you have never been just go and enjoy, expect long lines, but use the fastpasses and just try to absorb all the little details that went into these incredible parks.

If you are buying from a Disney authorized ticket seller then there is no chance you 'won't get in.' The places mentioned are in the same classification of authorized ticket brokers as AAA. Would you really hesitate to purchase from them? The last ones I bought were from Hotwire Savings Club, which unfortunately is no longer in business. I think I saved $50+ or so per ticket. For 5 of us it was a terrific savings.

Thanks for these recos, I was surfing the RCL boards, just happened to jump to this thread. I had forgotten the AAA discount, having already booked for next March. Called up this AM, the AAA price was give or take 10% less!

Thanks for the reminder!

Ticketmania has specials from time to time where the savings are substantial and they give you extras with it. We ordered our five day passes with 4 extras( like water parks) instead of the two Disney was offering. The tickets were accepted the same as Disney's but did not have the glossy finish. I saved quite a bit using them.

Check on-line with the places. We just got Universal passes, 2days/2parks and for each adult pass bought, one child gets in free. So, we paid 199.00 plus tax for the 4 of us to go to Universal for 2 days. That is a savings of nearly 199.00 as the child price is not usually that much different from the adults. Also, when you check in at any of the on property places to stay- they have a discounted price that lasts for the length of your stay or what you chose, if you only want to go 2 days or something. DO NOT BOTHER with the people on the streets or in some of the t-shirts places that say they will give you a real discount, or free tickets, they want to sell you a timeshare and you have to listen to the program before you get the tickets, it lasts about 1 1/2 hours. WITH kids, cause you didn't bring your babysitter with you. You can get 5.00 off by buying them at gas stations or t-shirts shops, which are all over the place, right now AAA has a savings going on as well as AARP is giving 10.00 off the price of admission to Sea World. Check all resourses on the internet.

I'm not sure but I'm assuming from your screen name (albertablueskies) that you are Canadian. If so, try the Disney store. You pay in canadian dollars and the taxes are lower, so it's a fair bit cheaper. We live near Edmonton, and are going to Disneyworld in January, and this is the cheapest prices we've found. Have fun!

Archived