Ceuta - has anyone been here?

Next year we are on the Discovery 2 heading for Ceuta the Spanish enclave in Morocco. I've looked at the two short trips and will go with the city tour unless someone can tell me if we can DIY it. All I need to keep me happy is a few tacky tourist stalls or even better a souk. Maybe a castle or church would be a bonus. Any advise would be great.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1264294

I haven,t been here yet (we will be there is 4 weeks time as well) but I found an old thread about it which gives a bit of information, link attached above.

A relative has visited and said it was small and nothing special but the day she arrived the local traders set up stalls near the dock with lots of local arts and crafts which she liked. This was in high season and may just have been a "one of".

Yes, been there about 3 years ago. The ship docks virtually in the town so it's an easy port to do. As I remember it, there is not much to see or do: a local fort, a church and the usual array of shops. When we were there locals had set up stalls selling fake designer bags and watches. The market had lots of sea food. It absolutely poured down on our visit so was far from pleasant. I won't be rushing back for sure!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We were there in 2008, we walked in, but there was a shuttle bus. There was a fort and some shops, also a sunbathing/pool/garden area where you paid an entrance fee, we went in and it was so relaxing, there was hardly anyone there we had the place to ourselves virtually. Would love to go back there, have fun.

http://www.elparque.ceuta.si/elparque

Edited by shipshape.com