Latitudes Cards--Question

greenie

BF and I are now Latitudes members, having cruised on the Dawn last May. I registered us on the NCL website the other day and noticed that we do have Latitude numbers. Good. (They were listed as "Client" numbers, but match the Latitudes numbers we have on our reciept from when we reserved a cruise for the Spirit when onboard the Dawn.) So I guess all is well. However, from what I understand we are supposed to get Latitudes cards. When will they come? Do we have to call and remind someone?

Please advise, all you card-carrying Latitudians.

Thanks!

When you say you registered with NCL online. Where did you do this. I just completed my first cruise and trying to figure out where to begin myself. I went back to the Advance Guest Registration form which just shows our previous cruise but nothing referring to Lattitude. Is there another section on NCL I need to register.

When you say you registered with NCL online. Where did you do this. I just completed my first cruise and trying to figure out where to begin myself. I went back to the Advance Guest Registration form which just shows our previous cruise but nothing referring to Lattitude. Is there another section on NCL I need to register.

Go to https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/consumer/ and make yourself a cruiser profile, its easy and quick and you can update your details and revisit the section whenever you want to, just fill the 'create a profile' section :)

Let's put it this way...my first cruise with NCL was in February of this year and I STILL have NOT received my Latitudes card. :mad: After NUMEROUS calls to NCL I have yet to received my card. I guess it doesn't matter, though, because I'm going on my 3rd cruise and have already received the magazine, etc. I spoke to the Latitudes crew member (don't know their exact title) the last time I was onboard and they told me I was in the system so there shouldn't be any problems. It's also on my registration for the upcoming Holiday cruise. But what a royal pain...oh well.:o

We never recived any magazine in the mail?? But on our second cruise our latitud cards were waiting for us in the cabin when we borded. Do you have to do something spesial to recive these magazines?

Ncl has all our dates, adress etc.

There seems to be absolutely no ryme or reason as to when you receive (or don't receive) your Latitudes cards. After our first NCL cruise, my husband and I received our cards in about 3-4 months. Our friend who accompanied us did not get hers until about 6-7 months after the cruise. We also received the magazine before she did. As long as you have the Latitides NUMBERS and they are on your registration, you are OK.

If you call and bug them you will eventually get them, but there really is little reason to bother. The party you will be invited to with or without a card, the 20% discount on drinks in one of the bars should be automatic as your sign and sail card shows you as a lattitude member, this is also true for any other on ship discounts. They are not the best quality in the world. We just got our Celebrity cards not too long ago: much nicer! As for the magazine, they do show some of the upcoming cruises that offer lattitude members discounts and usually have a couple of nice articles, but again, your world will not end if you never get the magazine. Go on your cruise, have a blast and if you can, give NCL another call. Maybe you will get something before you leave. BTW, you can get in the lattitude line for embarkation without your card as you are already registered as members. NMnita

Thanks to you guys, I'm sooooooo hooked on this board;)

Now I've now logged in and have my lattitude # and have tried checking the pricing using the Lattitude number and find the quotes they give for a cruise is the same price I would get not using the lattitude #. What gives???:confused:

What are the benefits of getting this number, I thought (maybe I should never assume) that getting this number will give you some kind of discount on a cruise. Please help me understand.

We were on the Dawn in Sept 2002. We were Latitude members already having sailed on the Norway several times. However, NCL had no record of us. I still had my Latitude card and sent them a copy but my DH couldn'r find his, so they assigned him a new number.

We just sailed on the Dawn again this past September (2004) and when I registered online they had us listed as latitude members and our numbers were on the registration. Two days ago my DH finally received his new Latitude card. It took two years, maybe a new record!

Anyway, for us the best perks for being Latitude members is the short line for check-in and the discounts onboard in the Spa, the one bar, and Internet Cafe. The card doesn't really matter that much as your key card also states "Latitudes" to show you're a member.

Go to https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/consumer/ and make yourself a cruiser profile, its easy and quick and you can update your details and revisit the section whenever you want to, just fill the 'create a profile' section :)

Well, I guess with all of the other problems NCL currently has, it just figures..

Went to the above link to create a profile and filled out all of the info on the first page, then clicked "continue". Next page that appeared stated that I could not have a day phone number the same as an evening phone number. I went back to correct it and all of the other info was deleted. Just one more example of the aggravation of dealing with NCL. Do they even have a clue?:rolleyes:

I am pretty sure that I received a Latitudes card a month or two after sailing, but I have no clue where it is now. NCL does have a record of my number, so I am not really worried. We'll see what happens if we need the Latitudes discount at the designated bar! :)

The lattitudes department at NCL will have your number, just call them and they can give it to you. Your lattitudes number is also printed near the address when they send out their magazines. If youv'e given them your lattitudes number when you booked your cruise it should be marked on your room card, and you will get the discounts in the designated lounge without a problem.

Well, I guess with all of the other problems NCL currently has, it just figures..

Went to the above link to create a profile and filled out all of the info on the first page, then clicked "continue". Next page that appeared stated that I could not have a day phone number the same as an evening phone number. I went back to correct it and all of the other info was deleted. Just one more example of the aggravation of dealing with NCL. Do they even have a clue?:rolleyes:

I had the same problem, it did not like the cruiser name and then blanked out all my information, then it did not like the same phone number in both areas, it blanked it out and I attempted the third time (I was about it give up) but it worked so I was happy but the website administrators, need to improve their work.

Bear in mind that NCL and all other businesses and cruiselines based in and about the city of Miami are still under difficulties from Wilma...power outages and personnel shortages especially.

Cut them some slack, Wilma did alot of damage to alot of places and especially basic infrastructure such as telephone and power lines.

Bear in mind that NCL and all other businesses and cruiselines based in and about the city of Miami are still under difficulties from Wilma...power outages and personnel shortages especially.

Cut them some slack, Wilma did alot of damage to alot of places and especially basic infrastructure such as telephone and power lines.

Oh, my goodness. How could I have been so thoughtless as to not recognize that Wilma could have possibly damaged the flawed code in their already poor website!!!!

Alot of good information and advice here, thanks so much! I liked your advice, NewMexicoNita--I will just relax and not worry about it since the card itself doesn't seem too important. And honestly, I could care less about the "newsletter". Just more stuff for the recycling bin!

Both years I have had no problem registering online. NCL must like me more than some of you. (chants annoyingly "Greenie is Teacher's Pet! Greenie is Teacher's Pet!" :p )

Thanks again for the info, all.

Archived