When does Carnival assign its Guaranty cabins?

Hucc

We booked back in August for the November 19 cruise and still do not have a cabin assignment. I've been told that most cabins should be assigned by two weeks out (I have 4 more days until the two week out marker so i'll see if I get mine then or not). BUT some will not know their assigned cabin until they arrive at the port.

Good Luck,

Mike

Thanks for all the replies. It's a shorter cruise (3 nights), so I'm okay where I end up. The only "want" was to have some kind of source of sunlight coming into the cabin. So, if I end up with a 5A, that will be okay, too.

Just wondering when I might be able to see where I am. :)

Thanks, again, everyone.

Thanks for all the replies. It's a shorter cruise (3 nights), so I'm okay where I end up. The only "want" was to have some kind of source of sunlight coming into the cabin. So, if I end up with a 5A, that will be okay, too.

Just wondering when I might be able to see where I am. :)

Thanks, again, everyone.

Did you book a OV Guar?

When I booked with my TA, I was given a specific room number on the Ecstacy (now changed to Elation) out of Galveston Jan. 23/06. I *think* it was a guarantee room, does that really mean I will be in that specific room or might it be changed any number of times between now and embarkation time? Anyone's help would be appreciated, thanks.

When I booked with my TA, I was given a specific room number on the Ecstacy (now changed to Elation) out of Galveston Jan. 23/06. I *think* it was a guarantee room, does that really mean I will be in that specific room or might it be changed any number of times between now and embarkation time? Anyone's help would be appreciated, thanks.

Actually that is the opposite of Guarantee, which means you book a certain class of cabin, not a specific one. So if I book a 4A guarantee that means I am guaranteed a minimum of a 4A cabin, any 4A cabin, and could be upgraded to something better.

It is very rare for someone with a specific booking such as yours to be upgraded.

We booked a 4B with the military discount back in August for the December sailing. Our cabin was assigned by the middle of October, 4B exactly what we booked. No upgrade here. I will still see what happens when we check in. I have read here that it never hurts to ask. So we will be asking.

It looks like I got an assignment this morning. It's a CAT 6C.

Now, I know that this can change up to the time of sailing.

In your experience, if and when it changes, does it go up/down or both?

Thanks.

We booked our Thanksgiving cruise (11/20/05) on 8/17/05 .. guarantee cabin in 4A category, and got our cabin assignment #7399) (4G !!!) together with our cruise docs 2 weeks ago.:D

congrats, Tatka... that sounds good!~

mine is also an upgrade -- just hope it sticks or goes higher! :)

what is the Carnival regulars' experience with GUAR cabins being assigned, and then changed closer or on boarding?

TY

congrats, Tatka... that sounds good!~

mine is also an upgrade -- just hope it sticks or goes higher! :)

what is the Carnival regulars' experience with GUAR cabins being assigned, and then changed closer or on boarding?

TY

I checked the website constantly but didn't get a room assignment until I arrived at the pier. I booked an inside guarantee and believe I got one of the nicest inside rooms (locationwise) on the ship - on the Lido deck of the Triumph.

hi,

I booked our Jan/01/06 cruise on the Miracle, last January. We booked an inside GTY and a 7A GTy. We are 60 days out. I was told today that the 7a had been upgraded to an extended balcony. We don't know about the inside GTY yet, the PVP said she would let us know as soon as she knew. This afternoon, I did the book/modify and I still had Guar where the cabin number would be. We would be happy with the 7a, but, the extended balcony is awesome.

Brenda

We are cruising the Legend in December, and I called to get my reservation # to register on the website, and was told we was upgraded to a balcony room from the basement. My question is can this change, or are we atleast garunteed the room number she gave us??

• 8 years later...
We booked our Thanksgiving cruise (11/20/05) on 8/17/05 .. guarantee cabin in 4A category, and got our cabin assignment #7399) (4G !!!) together with our cruise docs 2 weeks ago.:D

My daugher and daughter-in-law will be sailing in room #7399 on carnival glory Sept 6th. Did you like your room?