Embarkation from Malaga

I have been into Malaga as a port of call a few years ago but never as a port of embarkation / disembarkation.

I got some good advice from the helpful folks on here about how strict customers are about duty free limits and baggage weights on another thread where it had been mentioned in the passing.

Is there anything else I should know about, or would be helpful to know about this port eg do they do check in for the return flight here, is there a port shop for stocking up on bottled water before we go, when is the boat drill (we arrive early so will explore a bit) etc

Any information greatfully received.

Thanks

Hi there is a duty free shop where you can get water , the drill when we went was about 5.30pm and customs have a X-ray machine for your suitcases as soon as your suitcase comes off the ship to disembark and also a hand luggage machine when you come off . This is the only port I have known this at in Spain I can only imagine it is to stop passengers who live in the provinces locally from getting a cheap no flight cruise and going to Gibraltar loading up and returning without hitting a customs check point. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got some good advice from the helpful folks on here about how strict customers are about duty free limits and baggage weights on another thread where it had been mentioned in the passing.

I have never known luggage to be weighed at Malaga port - the only checks we have ever seen is to ensure that duty free limits are not exceeded.

I can only imagine it is to stop passengers who live in the provinces locally from getting a cheap no flight cruise and going to Gibraltar loading up and returning without hitting a customs check point. Hope this helps.QUOTE]

Not just for those of us who live in Spain - the same rule applies to visitors from any EU country which still includes the UK.

Edited by campolady