Shore Excursion payment Question

syracr

I am booked on Zenith 12/17 and just started looking to shore excursions. I notice tha tin order to book one you need to enter your credit card. I have sailed on Princess, RCL, Carnival and Disney. All of them allow you book the excursion, then they just add it to oyur room charge on the ship. I called X and was told that not only would the charge me now, but if i decide not to go, this is non-refundable. Is this correct?

Can a Seasoned "X" traveller tell me what the deal with shore excursions is?

thanks in advance.

They will charge you now. You have until 10 days prior to sailing to cancel without penalty.

That is to cancel on line and receive a refund. You can cancel anytime up until shore excursions are closed on the ship and receive a cabin credit for the amount.

Airb,

I usually do not book excursion through the ships. I usually prefer to book my own (much cheaper). However, in this case the price for the snuba in GC was right in line with what i could get on my own ($54 pp). So i booked 5 of our pary on it. My son has always wanted to try this. We have been to GC a few times before and wante dto try something different. If you have NEVER been there, i would recommend going to Stingray city booking through Captain Marvins. They are cheaper than the ship excursion and you get more time with less people.

http://www.captainmarvins.com/

just my .02.

Archived