What have I missed?

Melismass

As a loyal Carnival cruiser, I took a couple years off and did some land vacations to enjoy some of the wonderful places that I was introduced to through cruising. It appears I've missed some of the changes that have taken place. What has changed in the past few years? What are they now charging for that used to be included?

No chocolates, no table cloths (American Table), increases in gratuities and FTTF, Vista, once-a-day room cleaning... Just to name a few.

Still the best value in cruising though in my opinion. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree. The changes have not impacted my cruising at all so far.

No chocolates, no table cloths (American Table), increases in gratuities and FTTF, Vista, once-a-day room cleaning... Just to name a few.

I still can't understand why people have, and still do, get so upset over tablecloths.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

You can get twice a day room cleaning. All you have to do is check both morning and evening and you will get it. They started giving you the choice because a lot of people (like the rest of my family) only want service once a day.

BIG shows in the theater are not nearly as good, or big as they once were. They are, however, much LOUDER than they used to be. (Some are much better than others, depending on which ship you sail on.) ;)

"SKY"

They are louder and as DW can attest flashing lights best migraine trigger ever

I still can't understand why people have, and still do, get so upset over tablecloths.

Oh, I'm not upset. I haven't even experienced a no tablecloth cruise yet. I was just pointing out what topics folks on here like to nit-pick about. Sorry if it sounded like I was upset. :(

Increases in the gratuities? Can you elaborate on that please? Nothing else sounds earth shattering! Thanks for all the replies everyone!

Oh, I'm not upset. I haven't even experienced a no tablecloth cruise yet. I was just pointing out what topics folks on here like to nit-pick about. Sorry if it sounded like I was upset. :(

Wasn't referring to anyone in particular. More so the threads that have been dedicated to complaining about the tables.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

It's funny - I have been around for every one of these "changes" but truly haven't notice any impact whatsoever on my cruise. In fact, when I read the question, I tried to come up with them, and other than the gratuities (which is to be expected - as I have been given raises as well over time), absolutely nothing came to mind.

Now what does come to mind is the Sunshine (Havana bar, JiJi's and sushi), Guy's Burgers, Cucinia, Sports Square, Comedy Club and Alchemy Bar which are being added in many places. These venues have enhanced the Carnival experience greatly and I am happy for the additions! The glass is definitely half full!

Edited by A&Jfamily

The only reason I miss the table cloths is because I hate my glass sliding on the table lol. I usually just ask for another napkin to put the glass on.