Favorite Carnival Ship?

bhorney32

I'm curious to see the favorites. Mine is the Carnival Sunshine

Carnival Sunshine- June 21, 2014

Carnival Valor- June 20, 2015

Carnival Dream- June 19, 2016

Carnival Ecstasy- October 15, 2016

Right now my favorite ships are the Splendor/Liberty. Going on the Sunshine tomorrow. I'll see. But can't wait.

Edited by Mary49

Tough question. I enjoy the Fantasy Class ships, I think they are the right size for number of people on board.

But I thought the Dream was awesome, the look the feel and so far my favorite atrium area...only thing wrong on that ship was gym was to small for the number of passengers, but I would sail on her again in a minute.

Each ship has its memories:

• Carnivale was our honeymoon.
  • Destiny was a great ship and itinerary.
  • Ecstacy got us back into cruising
  • Dream for the last three cruises.
  • Legend is coming up.

The Carnivale was interesting because the ships were not that large. The dining room was accessible by going up a flight, heading down the aisle and then back down to the dining room. The galley took up the entire width of the deck. Everything on the ship was (in comparison to now) small and intimate. The cabins were small. The bathrooms were tiny. It seemed like you could sit on the john and take a shower. Our cabin sloped slightly uphill also.

Since everything on the ship was cash or credit card, tipping the dining room staff and cabin steward was in cash and personal. We also tipped the bar staff and waitresses at the time we ordered with cash. Tips were not automatically added to the tab.

The Destiny was our first large ship. Everything was larger than what we had experienced before. We also had a balcony cabin. We did not have to go up a flight and back down to get to the dining room. The Destiny also had the adults only funnel deck where women could sunbathe topless. It was also the best view of the ship.

The Ecstacy was a smaller ship than the Destiny. We took a last minute cruise while vacationing in Florida. The ship had a great layout. It was a little more intimate than the destiny. We also had the best PBE of all the cruises we have taken so far.

The Dream was so different and grand from all the other ships we had been on. The layout of the ship is well conceived. The Ocean Plaza was a perfect design to have live music.

Of all the ships we have been on, I would have to Dream about this answer.

The reality is, they all are nice, especially when you are cruising and not at work.

It's an interesting concept to think about my favorite ship versus my favorite cruise overall.

In terms of ships: Pride, Freedom, Legend, Liberty, Dream, Fascination, Conquest, Fantasy, Elation

In terms of Cruise Experience: Freedom, Liberty, Pride, Dream, Fascination, Legend, Conquest, Fantasy, Elation

We sail the Magic for the first time in December - and I have very high hopes!

I like this question, but don't have time to read all the answers. :)

Jmcancrise, ISassprings, & Hogtwisted, I'm glad to read that you all like the Gliory, as I just booked it for spring next year for 8 of us, and they are depending upon ME to know what I'm doing. :) I have cruised many years, but never on this ship, so hopefully this will work out good for all of us, as most of them have never cruised and are getting so excited with all kinds of "questions," which I can answer about cruising itself, not not Glory.

The Liberty is still my favorite ship. My DH and I had such a memorable cruise on the Liberty. We had a great room and our MDR waiters were just incredible.

We are sailing the Magic next, but I really think Liberty will always be our favorite.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app