Tea time

bhorney32

No you do not need to go dressed up. I have usually had shorts and a top on, coming off pool deck. The only free teas are Lipton regular and green. They have fancier teas at a charge. Since they made this change, I usually just pack a few of the fruit teas I like and take a couple with me. They will fill a little pot with hot water for your tea to steep. They bring around carts with scones, tea sandwiches and desserts, all quite yummy! I really enjoy going to afternoon tea.

We have always enjoyed the afternoon tea, but I got up and left during the last one. We were seated at the last table and literally could not get waited on. No hot water. Finally got hot water. No tea bags. The lack of tea selection is also disappointing! Then, once they got to us with the food, there were only a few things left--not enough for the table. they would bring more back but start in the middle of the section, not where they left off. I probably won't go on my next cruise.

I don't like tea at all....can you get coffee instead??:)

Yes you can get coffee.

I MUCH prefer ICED tea, what if you ask for that? I love tea time, never miss, but never asked for iced tea....

Yes you can ask for either iced tea or lemonade. It will just take an extra few minutes.

I wouldn't go out of your way for teatime, based on my recent Carnival cruise. The teas were ordinary (unless you bring your own, which is what we did.) There was one kind of sandwich, two kinds of pastry and scones--kind of limited for an afternoon tea. And the music, if any, is canned. (They used to have a live pianist.)

The scones and cream are really very good. All the sweets, actually, are delicious.

And if I pay $8.50 for a frozen cocktail in the evening, I certainly won't mind paying $1.95 for the good tea, though you can bring your own tea bags if you wish.