Packing Question

BernardShawn

I am in your shoes as I have not cruised yet but planning on my first one in December. I plan on taking a great pair of black dress pants and dressing them up with different sparkling tops...one pair of black dress shoes for dresses and these pants.

If you have read these boards you will find great packing lists (extensive lists that I have had a ball reading, paring down to my needs, and trying to decide what some things might be for?).

Let me know how you do.

Linda

Pack all the clothes and then take half out. That's the general rule. If you're going on a warm weather cruise, you're going to be in a bathing suit or cover up for most of every day, so you can rewear a lot of clothes for the day.

Try writing out a list of outfits (including shoes) for each day of the cruise. Try to wear pants/skirts/shorts twice. Skirts can be worn with a casual top and sandals during the day, and a nicer top and shoes for dinner. Even nice capris can be dressed down/up to be worn all day. Dress in layers. Wear nice camisoles/tank tops during the day, and then wear those same tops under nice cardigans/shrugs in the evening. Cardigans can be worn more than once. Heck, tanks and camis can be worn more than once, too, with different cardigans. Bring clothes in a complementary color scheme. For instance, pack a lot of clothes in neutral colors like black, white, and khaki/tan. Then pick another vibrant color, like blue, or red, or green (or whatever color you like to wear a lot). That makes it really easy to mix and match pieces to make multiple outfits, allowing you to cut down on how much you pack.

Don't forget that the ships typically have laundry facilities on board, so if something gets really dirty, you can wash it. And don't worry about people seeing you wearing the same pants/top twice. Nobody is really likely to notice... And even if they did, I doubt they'd care, unless they were a total snob, or your clothes were filthy. Besides, as far as they know, you had it laundered before you wore it again.

Archived