Epic H4 price drop and CAS.

MickeyDs

There have been some questions about the H4 (two bedroom Haven) and CAS reservations on here, so I just wanted to share the booking I just did an hour ago.

I've been running fake reservations for about 6 weeks for this particular cruise. CAS sent us our first ever complimentary cruise for an insid room. Unfortunately it was for days we couldn't sail. I had read on here that sometimes people simply call CAS and say they want a particular date. I've done that about once a weekend with a response of "you can only receive the 10% off". That would make the cruise for 4 at $5010.

Knowing that with the upsell department beginning to release rooms at 6 weeks prior, I knew I had to book today to ensure an H4. Again, I had been tracking the # of H4s left (15 out of 42 or something). None had been sold in those weeks, so I delayed booking in hopes of a price drop before the up sells begin.

Today I logged on NCL, the prices currently state $2499 pp. I went through the booking and the price dropped at the final pages by $800. NCL wants to sell these before it hits the upsell department. I immediately called CAS saying I wanted to book. Instead of only giving me 10% off, they took the price of an inside cabin out of the fare (again I had been told for 6 weeks that I was not eligible for an upgrade, only a 10% discount). I received an extra $1000 off the cruise.

My wife and I, mom and aunt will be sailing in the Haven for $975 pp all taxes/fees included. My wife and I will be paying significantly more for the main bedroom, don't worry.

If you're flexible enough to wait, try booking right before these types of rooms hit the upsell department. If you're booking through CAS for a cruise not included in a "free" flyer offer - keep track of the room availability. CAS will eventually give you an upgrade and not a discount the closer it gets to sailing.

I'd always call the main CAS line during the week (9-5:30). I had mostly dealt with the weekend department who's employees were not as knowledgeable.

For those wondering, I bet around $1k on our first cruise - walking away +$400.

Hope this helps some people, and if you're on the Epic Nov 12th the last 14 H4's just dropped by $800.

how do you track what rooms are reserved??

I'd look at the cruise I'm interested, select the cabin category I desired (H4 in this case) and then it would give me a list of cabins available. I kept count and the number never dropped, I knew a price drop was likely so I kept waiting. Upsell department should start calling people beginning of next week for my cruise, so I knew this would be the time.

I didn't want to risk people taking the upsells and leaving us without the room we wanted on the only cruise we could sail on. Worked fairly well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mickey congrats on your awesome. Deal- we also got a great deal for two weeks before yours and it will be our first time in the Haven. We didn't work nearly as hard at the discounts, so I am trying to ensure I understand your process.

You call the comapny (CNS) about 6 weeks prior to sailing? To ensure you have the lowest rate, before NCl gives awy those last minute rooms?

Was the $975 per person for four persons in the room? And did it include all the "FREE AT SEAS" promotions? That's a really great price!

Congrats.

My wife and I, mom and aunt will be sailing in the Haven for $975 pp all taxes/fees included. My wife and I will be paying significantly more for the main bedroom, don't worry.

I think that is very nice of you to do that but I do not do that. The comps we receive are based off of me and my mothers play so we have no issues taking the master bedroom at an even split. With that said, the cousins we bring would never get any room for the price they pay when they are in my suite and they could care less where they sleep.