Upsell e-mail

okeytaco

I got one of those upsell e-mails for our 7 night November 27 cruise on the Dream. For $545 total we could upgrade from mid-ship balcony to an OV suite. It was only a $200 savings from the current booking price. We've had one of those before and to us it just wasn't worth an extra $78 a day especially if you can get FTTF for $70 and get early boarding. The bigger balcony didn't matter for just the two of us. I couldn't even reach the rod in the closet it was so high. I felt like a 4 year old having to ask my husband to reach my clothes! I liked having 2 sinks in the bathroom but I don't use a jetted tub that other people have used (just one of my idiosyncrasies). Having the shower in the tub meant a really high step up to get in and a really far step down to get out. I'm only 5' tall so for taller people the tub and closet wouldn't be an issue. I told him to keep us in mind should a larger suite open up and we might consider that.

That's pretty funny! I'm with you. No view is no view no matter what deck. Even balcony "upgrades" to higher decks most often don't matter as far a view is concerned. The most important thing to me is what's above me and what's below me. I just want cabins both places.