Can I add a friend without canceling and rebooking?

JustAllie

I'm sailing next May with my parents and some friends, and I had arranged for an inside cabin for myself because it was the cheapest option. Still, even with my inside cabin, I was going to get 2 Latitudes Points per day for the cruise, because I booked it more than 9 months ahead of time. That would be just enough to bump me up to the next Latitudes tier.

Tonight -- less than 9 months before the cruise date -- another friend decided to join us. She doesn't want to squeeze into my dark little inside cabin, so we're trying to decide if I should upgrade to a balcony cabin and then add her to the booking, or if we should get her an oceanview cabin so that we each have our own quiet little spot to sleep. She wants at least a window so that she has natural light.

Anyway... if we decide to share a balcony cabin, is that a "cancel and rebook" situation or can you add another person to a booking and then upgrade the cabin without canceling? I was really looking forward to making Latitudes Gold status after this cruise. :o

Of course there are other issues to consider as well. My friend and I both snore, and we might sleep better in separate cabins. But it's her 50th birthday cruise, and I don't want her to feel neglected and alone. And I can't figure out the best place for an oceanview cabin on the Norwegian Dawn. The two cabins my parents and friends have are BB balconies near the aft elevators on deck 10. Deck 10 seems like a great spot -- I'd grab one of the aft-facing balconies for my friend and me on that cruise, but the only one available is on deck 8, which I've read is very LOUD due to the location above the lounge.

Thoughts/suggestions?? :)

I'm sailing next May with my parents and some friends, and I had arranged for an inside cabin for myself because it was the cheapest option. Still, even with my inside cabin, I was going to get 2 Latitudes Points per day for the cruise, because I booked it more than 9 months ahead of time. That would be just enough to bump me up to the next Latitudes tier.

Tonight -- less than 9 months before the cruise date -- another friend decided to join us. She doesn't want to squeeze into my dark little inside cabin, so we're trying to decide if I should upgrade to a balcony cabin and then add her to the booking, or if we should get her an oceanview cabin so that we each have our own quiet little spot to sleep. She wants at least a window so that she has natural light.

Anyway... if we decide to share a balcony cabin, is that a "cancel and rebook" situation or can you add another person to a booking and then upgrade the cabin without canceling? I was really looking forward to making Latitudes Gold status after this cruise. :o

Of course there are other issues to consider as well. My friend and I both snore, and we might sleep better in separate cabins. But it's her 50th birthday cruise, and I don't want her to feel neglected and alone. And I can't figure out the best place for an oceanview cabin on the Norwegian Dawn. The two cabins my parents and friends have are BB balconies near the aft elevators on deck 10. Deck 10 seems like a great spot -- I'd grab one of the aft-facing balconies for my friend and me on that cruise, but the only one available is on deck 8, which I've read is very LOUD due to the location above the lounge.

Thoughts/suggestions?? :)

Oh Dear Allie,

You asked for thoughts/suggestions. Keep what you have and tell your friend to figure it out for him/herself. Isn't this what our fifties is supposed to be about? Once I turned fifty I told my friends and family I was done being their cruise director. It was so liberating! Even so, contact your travel agent or NCL and ask the question...I am thinking you should be able to upgrade and add a person to the original booking. I have done it before...but I have not sailed in a while and things are-a-changing. Do not fret about noise...a good pair of ear plugs is all one needs. The aft cabin on Dawn is worth it.

coka:D

You will have to rebook and believe you will lose the early booking perk of latitudes points. However, I think you will get more satisfaction for making a great memory for your friend on her 50th bday cruise! Aft balcony is so great watching the wake.

You will have to rebook and believe you will lose the early booking perk of latitudes points. However, I think you will get more satisfaction for making a great memory for your friend on her 50th bday cruise! Aft balcony is so great watching the wake.

I'm not sure if this is correct. You should be able to upgrade your cabin and keep the same booking number. Heck I've canceled one cruise (pre final payment of course) and replaced it with another and still kept the same booking number. I didn't ask them to do so, that's just the way the rep handled it. The only thing I'm not sure about is being allowed to keep the latitude points. You might have to give them a bit of a fight about that . Don't give in without asking to plead your case with a supervisor. They can do it if they want to, you just have to find the right representative. No problem adding your friend to the booking by the way. You just have to pay the added taxes and port charges.[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We loved 9666 on the Dawn. The location was very convenient with the stairway down to O'Sheehans through the door across the hall.

Wow, that seems handy. The deck plans just say "Lounge" and "Open to decks below" across from that cabin, so I thought that area would be loud. But there's a wall and doorway separating the cabins from the Atrium lounge, hmm? Thanks for the tip!

Wow, that seems handy. The deck plans just say "Lounge" and "Open to decks below" across from that cabin, so I thought that area would be loud. But there's a wall and doorway separating the cabins from the Atrium lounge, hmm? Thanks for the tip!

it used to be the internet cafe. Now it just has some seating & you can hear & watch the entertainment on 7 from there. We booked it the first time because it was the only midship balcony available but we couldn't believe how lucky we were once we realized the location was so good!

If you upgrade it is normally a cancel and rebook but you will keep the same booking number. Any perks, OBC etc. you had will be lost including the double points but you will get the current perks. This was our experience.

As another poster said, you can plead your case with a supervisor.

Make sure you understand everything you are losing and/or gaining before changing your booking.

Check everything with someone at NCL till you get someone who will agree with what you want and THEN get it in writing before you accept and get the change made. Keep online (on the phone) with the person till they have sent you the email with the detail and only then agree to the change.

As always Caveat Emptor.