Escape cruise (Oct 7 2017) no longer showing up on NCL site

jmae2002

Hi everyone,

We have booked a cruise on the Escape for Oct 7 2017, but when I went to search this morning (always checking prices) - there are no longer any Escape cruises from Miami showing up between Sept 30 2017 and Oct 21 2017.

Any idea what is up?

Hi everyone,

We have booked a cruise on the Escape for Oct 7 2017, but when I went to search this morning (always checking prices) - there are no longer any Escape cruises from Miami showing up between Sept 30 2017 and Oct 21 2017.

Any idea what is up?

Could be chartered but it will probably take them a few weeks to let you know if it just disappeared and that is the case.

Could also just be a glitch I suppose.

Probably a glitch.

The cruise line will suspend sales if they are talking to a customer about a whole ship charter. If that is the case, it takes a [long] while to get a contract written. If the contract falls through, they will open sales again. If the contract closes, you will get the dreaded email of giving you the opportunity to cancel or rebook at the same price. A year out,,, probably won't get any other compensation.

Probably a glitch.

The cruise line will suspend sales if they are talking to a customer about a whole ship charter. If that is the case, it takes a [long] while to get a contract written. If the contract falls through, they will open sales again. If the contract closes, you will get the dreaded email of giving you the opportunity to cancel or rebook at the same price. A year out,,, probably won't get any other compensation.

I got $50 OBC a year out and was able to keep the AARP discount that I booked with.

When I called because the sailing disappeared, I was told "yes, it's fine". Then cancelled a few weeks later (although in my case, it was the cancelled embarkation port at Marseilles, not the actual cruise).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I, too, am booked on the Oct 7-14, 2017 Escape cruise out of Miami. I called them on Monday and the lady really did not understand what I was talking about because her computer showed it was still available. I asked to be transferred to IT because I just wanted to make sure we were still sailing. IT couldn't explain what was going on and told me to wait until mid week and check again. Well it's mid week and it is still not available. I have 2 family members wanting to book and now they will have to call and book instead of booking online.

When I called last week - the agent said that the cruise was currently on hold. Not sure of what reason - but apparently it was not on the charter list (yet)....

This EXACT same scenario happened with our Nov. 5th 2016 Escape booking. It was not showing up on the website but it wasn't on the charter list, it was on hold, it was fully booked, etc. After 2 weeks we got notice it was canceled due to a charter.

Just following on from my note earlier about the 14th Oct being a western itinerary so you missed it- I went to have another look and so is the 30th sept. So it looks like it's just the 7th Oct missing. Sorry :/

On a travel agent's site they are still selling the 7th Oct, so I don't know if that's a good sign?

I just got off of the phone with NCL and the agent said it was still available to book through them. She did not know why it was unavailable online. She contacted her supervisor who said she was not showing it on the Charter list but she was contacting another department and would get back with me by Friday. I know it is a year out but I need to know if I need to be trying to find another cruise to go on. I'm pretty limited due to my children's fall break being that week so I may have to swap cruise lines if it ends up being chartered.

I just got off of the phone with NCL and the agent said it was still available to book through them. She did not know why it was unavailable online. She contacted her supervisor who said she was not showing it on the Charter list but she was contacting another department and would get back with me by Friday. I know it is a year out but I need to know if I need to be trying to find another cruise to go on. I'm pretty limited due to my children's fall break being that week so I may have to swap cruise lines if it ends up being chartered.

Me too! If you could post back what you find out - I would greatly appreciate it :)

• 3 weeks later...
The sailing the following week (11-18) will be a Lifeplus cruise. Not sure if it's a full ship charter or not but here's the link to the info about the cruise.

http://www.lifeplus.com/us-en/web-section/upcoming-events

This charter is for MARCH 11-18, 2017. Does anyone know how you find out if it's a full or partial charter? It's still showing up on NCL as available to book.