Advice on Cabbage, Cable, Junkanoo Beaches or Melia resortpass while on a cruise stop

tusconcam

Hi there.

I'm looking for advice/opinions and pros/cons if possible to help me decide which beach to go to on our early May cruise stop in Nassau.

I know this is very subjective but if people could chime in with their experiences and advice I would greatly appreciate it.

My girlfriend and I are looking for something relatively inexpensive, fairly close and easy to get to from the pier with a lounger, umbrella and hopefully the option to eat and drink on the beach.

Of course everybody's expectations and standards are different so the reviews are mixed for each of these beaches so I could use some help.

I've read that Cable beach is a bit further out (take public transit bus), is quite pretty, no amenities unless you get a day pass at a resort like Melia (who seemed to not have food incl packages available when we are going? and a tad expensive maybe for our tastes?).Some say abandoned hotel(s) nearby detract from the nice beach. Is this true?

Cabbage Beach seems to be quite busy which may or may not bother us; depending on the crowd. It appears that one can get a drink package from vendors, but some have said that food is not available right on the beach. Is this true? Others have said that its pretty but the local vendors are very pushy and that a chair and umbrella are fairly expensive. A plus seems that it looks fairly close to the pier.

Junkanoo Beach. Closest to pier. Looked at Tiki Bikini bar's chair/umbrella/drinks package and it sort of looks reasonable. Anyone had their food? I'm no food snob; something basic but edible would suffice. Prices for food? Some have said that its a great party; others say a bunch of drunks? Again subjective. What do/did you think? It does seem to be the least attractive beaches of the three possibly with some saying that there was a lot of trash on the beach. I don't mind a bit of local casual vibe, but is it too loud and busy?

Your information, experiences and advice are greatly appreciated.

Thanks