Whatsapp

harleywv

Has anyone used this app with the $5 social media plan? If so, were you able to make phone calls with the app on the boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Never tried that app but the only thing I could use with the Social Media plan text based, nothing involving audio.

I guess it depends on the ship. I used it on the pride last year and I had the premium internet and it wouldn't work with the calls. I could text and send voice messages but could not use the call feature

Thanks for the replies. We leave in a week so I guess I'll give it a try. I was just trying to think of ways to keep in contact with the kids. Hopefully it works!

If you have Facebook then you can video message through messenger :) this is how we talked to our kiddos everyday. We also messaged my mom through Facebook and used it as a chat room to text with her and the kids :) it's worth it!

If you have Facebook then you can video message through messenger :) this is how we talked to our kiddos everyday. We also messaged my mom through Facebook and used it as a chat room to text with her and the kids :) it's worth it!

Yes we just used Facebook messenger while my daughter was in Australia. It worked great and no extra charges.