Rsvp

srp1419

Hi brides! Is it tacky to write on the RSVPs to our guests to rsvp by phone or e-mail, rather than having them mail back the RSVP?

The reasoning is that I am from Canada and my fiancé is from Costa Rica. We are living in Costa Rica, which would make it very difficult to have our Canadian guests mail them back to us. We will be mailing the invites to our Canadian guests when we are in Canada visiting. I know I could have them mail the RSVP to my parents who live in Canada, but it just seem so much easier and quicker for them to do it by phone or email. But not sure if this is a no no.

Thoughts?

Have you considered another option? Perhaps set up a Wedding web site with an RSVP function?

I found that even though we gave our guests a lot of options, we still ended up chasing about a third of them down for an answer. Most guests are savvy enough to RSVP online and driving them to your website for details may help you in the long run.

Hi brides! Is it tacky to write on the RSVPs to our guests to rsvp by phone or e-mail, rather than having them mail back the RSVP?

The reasoning is that I am from Canada and my fiancé is from Costa Rica. We are living in Costa Rica, which would make it very difficult to have our Canadian guests mail them back to us. We will be mailing the invites to our Canadian guests when we are in Canada visiting. I know I could have them mail the RSVP to my parents who live in Canada, but it just seem so much easier and quicker for them to do it by phone or email. But not sure if this is a no no.

Thoughts?

You can do a wedding website and provide the link to the web site on the RSVP card. Or, depending on how formal your invitation is, you can give the RSVP instructions on the actual invitation: with the instructions being to RSVP on the website.

We have my daughter's wedding website at RileyGrey. They offer a very professional website that is very easy to customize. They have a nice RSVP option.

You can do a wedding website and provide the link to the web site on the RSVP card. Or' date=' depending on how formal your invitation is, you can give the RSVP instructions on the actual invitation: with the instructions being to RSVP on the website.

We have my daughter's wedding website at RileyGrey. They offer a very professional website that is very easy to customize. They have a nice RSVP option.[/quote']

Great idea thanks !!

Have you considered another option? Perhaps set up a Wedding web site with an RSVP function?

I found that even though we gave our guests a lot of options, we still ended up chasing about a third of them down for an answer. Most guests are savvy enough to RSVP online and driving them to your website for details may help you in the long run.

I've thought about doing a wedding website too! You're right doing the RSVP in this way would make them HAVE to check out the site and get more info ! Thanks!