Illness

onceayear

Did anyone else catch a bad sinus infection and severe cold on the Explorer of the Seas 10-09 to 10-16-05?

I'm sorry to hear that you were ill - is it possible that you were brewing this infection before you boarded the ship, or are you positive you picked it up while onboard?

Hope you are feeling better :)

I get sick on most of my holidays! Combine the stress of travel, being in close confines with other sick people on a plane or a ship, and lack of sleep and you have a recipe for illness! People aren't going to cancel their cruise because they have a bad cold, so try to fight it off by washing your hands all the time, never touching your face, avoid using handrails, etc. I still manage to get sick, though!:(

I get sick on most of my holidays! Combine the stress of travel, being in close confines with other sick people on a plane or a ship, and lack of sleep and you have a recipe for illness!

I usually start feeling sick the day I get home because I am run down from everything mentioned above AND lack of sleep because I enjoyed my cruise too much!! LOL

My friend catches a cold every single time she flies - she's just that way!

It's so very hard to pinpoint exactly where and when you pick up a viral infection. It can take anywhere from 3 days to a week to start showing any symptoms of the illness. From what my doctor told me, a sinus infection is the result of not taking care of a cold or allergy and takes a while to set in.

I hope you and anyone else who caught, or brought a cold onboard is feeling better now, colds are such miserable beasts! Other than sympathy (and we all need that with a cold) there is not much you can do about it. Perhaps just commiserate.

As Hoakey as it sounds, my sinus issues (and I had some!) went away after I started getting chiropractic adjustments.

Something about getting your spine aligned that moves (aligns) your vertabrae in your neck so that your sinus cavities are not blocked and are 100% open to drain.

That way the crap doesnt hang out in your sinus cavities and fester.

Just a thought.

Did anyone else catch a bad sinus infection and severe cold on the Explorer of the Seas 10-09 to 10-16-05?

OK, this has to be one of the craziest questions I have ever heard!!! Do you realize how many people go away on vacation & come home sick, it's very common :eek: !

Sorry to hear you brought home an unexpected surprise from your cruise...

Did you fly?

My husband used to get a sinus infection every time he flew untill he started taking benedryl and using earplanes. Now no sinus problems anymore.

Funcruiser

The same here. I never leave home without them.:D

This thread just reminded me that I need to do something before my second cruise (Majesty) in less than two weeks! Airborne really works?

On our first cruise this past April (Carnival Ecstasy), I was feeling 110% healthy leading up to and the first day on board. I never ever get sick and I don't have any funky allergy problems. Well...I woke up with a bad sore throat that first full day morning and sniffles. By dinner, I was sounding pretty froggy (entertainment for our tablemates!) and the next morning (Cozumel morning!), I sounded like a man when I was able to talk, but at most I was only able to get about 10 words in before I cracked. It was miserable! But I kept going.

I didn't get better after returning home for about 3 or so weeks! I am very fortunate that I took the entire month of April off for my business because I am a DJ/Entertainer who MCs a lot of events (like weddings) and I also have a children's entertainment show that requires me to have my voice intact (or I might lose control of 400 kindergartners-fourth graders) :)

What's really odd is that my husband, aka Mr. Sicko, never got anything. If there was something to catch, he would have caught it, too.

Archived