Would Royal Caribbean suit our needs?

I have to agree with everyone that with your taste, RC is not it. My husband and I have the same taste as you with hotels, but have not sailed the luxury cruise lines yet. That is next. We are trying Star Class on Anthem and hope it will be worth what we paid! I also agree to check several ships and lines to get your favorite.

Edited by loveg

Silverseas Crystal or Regent and am pretty sure you will then get the experience you are looking for.

A friend went on Regent this year and was very, very disappointed. He said Oceania was as good if not much better.

Our first two cruises were on Carnival and we were disappointed. We like RCCL but we aren't 5 star folks. The kids are generally better mannered on RCCL from our standpoint but if you are looking for five star, Michelin, RCCL is not for you.

Crystal, Regent maybe. Even Celebrity won't live up to your expectations. How do I know when I have solely RCCL in my signature line? I've been on Carnival. No go. My step-mother and grandmother have tried Regent and Crystal and have been happy. But they like to bleed money and find that the atmosphere fits them. Me, not so much.

We did an 18 night Regent cruise and enjoyed it. We did notice that most passengers spent their days in their suites and only came out for breakfast, lunch and then cocktails and dinner in the evening. Other thing is that if you want to do that class of ship, we found the age group a little more senior than the OP;).

Maybe start with a suite with Royal and if you don't like it, try another brand.

Cheers

Di

Silverseas, Crystal, or Regent and am pretty sure you will then get the experience you are looking for.

This ^ and maybe Seabourn or smaller ships like Paul Gauguin.

Even the best service on RCI won't change the food, which is good, but I have a feeling not what you hope it will be.

You seem so young to be limiting yourself to 5 star experiences. I am an old fart. Years ago when planning a trip to Bermuda we decided to forgo a hotel and instead stay at a bed and breakfast. Frankly high end hotels are so insulated from life around you. I will always remember the experience in Bermuda. If you have ever seen the BBC program "Faulty Towers", well that was this hotel. I still smile just thinking about the proprietor and her helper and the great guests. I have traveled throughout Europe for work staying at some of the best places, but what I remember and treasure are these experiences where nothing was perfect... and well that made it perfect. So I hope in addition to staying at fabulous hotels and restaurants... you experiment more. As you get older it is harder to take a risk and you will naturally settle into a pattern that you are comfortable with.

Back to the question at hand. If you really want the 5 star experience, I would suggest one of the luxury cruise liners. These ships are more tailored for the type of experience you are used to. RCCL tries to appeal a broad range of passenger interests, and sometimes this means missing the mark on occasion for some. Best wishes

DH and I just had the star class experience in the Sky Loft Suite on Oasis. We really enjoyed it. The genie was there for what ever you may need. There is no need to go to the main dining room because you have the Coastal Kitchen plus all specialty restaurants were included. The bed was the most comfortable that I have every slept on in any 5 star hotel.

Out of 65 cruises on RCL this was our first Star class experience and I hope that they implement it on the other classes. Truly enjoyed the pampering.

Edited by cruisinck