Oasis This Saturday - Hurricane? Delay?

Hi,

So has anyone had any experience with a ship getting into port late do to weather?

What usually happens? In reference to announcements and if the ship is delayed for over a day will they issues a refund?

Looking at the forecast i don't think it will be an issue as the storm is predicted to be off the GA coast line by 2am Saturday, so i'm thinking the ship should be able to get into Port Everglades on time.

But you never know, just wondering if anyone else had to deal with a situation like this and what happened.

Many Thanks!

Hi,

So has anyone had any experience with a ship getting into port late do to weather?

What usually happens? In reference to announcements and if the ship is delayed for over a day will they issues a refund?

Looking at the forecast i don't think it will be an issue as the storm is predicted to be off the GA coast line by 2am Saturday, so i'm thinking the ship should be able to get into Port Everglades on time.

But you never know, just wondering if anyone else had to deal with a situation like this and what happened.

Many Thanks!

It's fair to say there will be some form of impact, but no one knows the details...as Hurricane Matthew is still days away from reaching the Florida area.

Another thread on this topic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=51220631#post51220631

Many Thanks!

Keep in mind you are looking at the projected center of the storm's location at that time. The storms typically have a several hundred mile reach. Royal, with good reason IMO, tends to make last minute decision, so a lot of us will be watching this and other nearby ports. For once, I'm glad I am sailing 2 weeks from today and not today.

It is very reasonable to assume there will be some impact to the itinerary.

As others have pointed out...while the center area of the hurricane may/may now directly reach Labadee, Falmouth, or Florida locations this week...the effects of this weather event reaches out hundreds of miles (wind, rain, flooding, power outages, etc.).

It would be prudent to continue following the Royal Caribbean website as well as weather reports during the next 7-10 days.

The most current path map is posted here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=51220631#post51220631

Appreciate all the responses, what i'm really asking though is that should a delay happen which i know is possible, How does RCCL handle this? Has anyone had any experience with impacts actually happening?

Thanks

TG

While each cruise itinerary can be impact differently depending on the time/location of the ship and planned ports...its fair to say the ships are generally positioned out of harm's way and diverted to alternative locations.

It is also possible that a storm/hurricane could delay or even postpone a ship's return to scheduled port.

There is a "LATEST WEATHER INFORMATION" banner link at the top of the royal Caribbean website that includes the most current information on cruise changes.

This was posted as of yesterday:

Hurricane Matthew Weather Update

October 2, 2016

1:00p.m. E.S.T

Royal Caribbean International continues to closely monitor the path and progress of Hurricane Matthew to ensure guests have an enjoyable and comfortable cruise. Given the storm’s current location and projected path, we are rerouting some of our ships to ensure the safety of our guests and crew.

Allure of the Seas

Allure of the Seas will be able to visit its original ports of call however, we are modifying her call dates and times. Allure of Seas revised itinerary:

Sunday, Oct. 2 - Depart from Port Everglades, Florida at 4:30 p.m.

Monday, Oct. 3 - At Sea

Tuesday, Oct. 4 - Cozumel, Mexico at 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Wednesday, Oct. 5 - At Sea

Thursday, Oct. 6 - Falmouth, Jamaica at 7:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m.

Friday, Oct. 7 - Labadee, Haiti at 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Saturday, Oct. 8 - At sea

Sunday, Oct. 9 - Arriva at Port Everglades, Florida at 6:15 a.m.

Freedom of the Seas

Freedom of the Seas will now be calling on San Juan, Puerto instead of her scheduled call to CocoCay, Bahamas. Freedom of the Seas revised itinerary:

Sunday, Oct. 2 - Depart from Port Canaveral at 4:30 p.m.

Monday, Oct. 3 - At sea

Tuesday, Oct. 4 - San Juan, Puerto Rico at 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

Wednesday, Oct. 5 - Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas at 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Thursday, Oct. 6 - Philipsburg, St. Maarten at 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Friday, Oct. 7 - At sea

Saturday, Oct. 8 - At sea

Sunday, Oct. 9 - Arrive at Port Canaveral, Florida at 6:00 a.m.

Enchantment of the Seas

Enchantment of the Seas will not be able to call to either port in the Bahamas. Instead Enchantment of the Seas will now call to Cozumel, Mexico. Enchantment of Seas revised itinerary:

Monday, Oct. 3 - Depart from Port Miami, Florida at 4:00 p.m.

Tuesday, Oct. 4 - At sea

Wednesday, Oct. 5 - Cozumel, Mexico at 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Thursday, Oct. 6 - Key West, Florida at 1:15 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Friday, Oct. 7 - Arrive at Port Miami, Florida at 7:00 a.m.

Majesty of the Seas

We are rerouting Majesty of the Seas. Majesty will now call to Key West, Florida, instead of her scheduled call to Nassau, Bahamas. Majesty of the Seas revised itinerary:

Monday, Oct. 3 - Port Canaveral, Florida at 4:00 p.m.

Tuesday, Oct. 4 - At sea

Wednesday, Oct. 5 - Key West, Florida at 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Thursday, Oct. 6 - CocoCay, Bahamas at 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Friday, Oct. 7 - Port Canaveral, Florida at 7:00 a.m.

Royal Caribbean International will continue to closely monitor weather conditions and will provide updates as soon as they become available.

Appreciate all the responses, what i'm really asking though is that should a delay happen which i know is possible, How does RCCL handle this? Has anyone had any experience with impacts actually happening?

Thanks

TG

Free drinks for all

Really, so the pax get off the ship late, the new pax get onto the ship late, the ship leaves late. If it is a day late, go home or get a hotel room for the night

I bet you want to know about the money, that fits in somewhere between travel insurance and your cruise has not happened so no answer can be given and obc

Edited by setsail

Free drinks for all

Really, so the pax get off the ship late, the new pax get onto the ship late, the ship leaves late. If it is a day late, go home or get a hotel room for the night

I bet you want to know about the money, that fits in somewhere between travel insurance and your cruise has not happened so no answer can be given and obc

For some reason i bought travel insurance this time, now i know why :D

If the ship is delayed reaching port Royal's response can & does vary from sailing to sailing...sometimes they will give you a food & lodging allowance...other times you are pretty much on your own...if it looks like the hurricane is going to affect your sailing I would suggest being proactivie in securing your own hotel room rather that wait on help from Royal...travel insurance should cover or reimburse your expenses...

On another thread, there is a posting from early this morning. "It is just 12:45am Friday. I can attest to this as we are currently on the Oasis safe and sailing toward Fort Lauderdale. Captain anticipates the Oasis should arrive to port on time Saturday 10/8. " See http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2410213&highlight=oasis