Worried about Matthew and the Valor

Graptor

My flight is supposed to arrive on Thursday night at 10PM. I'm thinking that will be canceled. I'm thinking they will reschedule for Friday and then cancel it all together. Although the 11AM hurricane forecast looks a little better. I just can't see them flying anywhere near a hurricane.

Brevard County, including Port Canaveral, is under a hurricane watch. The worst of it will affect us Thursday night, and Friday morning. I don't think an evacuation order is in place yet, but we have friends that are leaving tomorrow. We are not.

Traffic is really bad...people are hitting panic mode.:eek::eek::eek:

Wish us luck, and hopefully, we will see you on the Valor Saturday!:D

You are quite correct, my fellow Floridian, and I live at Boca Raton! Expect many flight cancellations as early as today. Florida has already declared a state of emergency.

Yes, the entire state. I'm not cruising but live in a mobile home and per law we must leave it to a shelter or other accommodations. So this storm is serious. We are praying the storm veers back east.

No need to worry anymore, they closed the port. My cruise friends in FL, stay safe. I'll see you next time!

http://cruiseradio.net/hurricane-puts-port-canaveral-mandatory-evacuation/

Graptor,

I looked at the link you listed...if you click on "You can find other cruise itinerary changes here" you will see that the Valor is NOT on the list. It's true that the port is closing but it will reopen as soon as it's safe. The hurricane is predicted to be well north by Saturday morning, and the 10/8 cruise (which I'm also on) very well might leave as scheduled....or they could cut a day off and leave on Sunday. :confused:

If you bought travel insurance you can cancel without penalty but if the cruise goes out and you're not there you will not get a refund. :(

I read your other posts and I see where you have to make a decision about flying/driving, etc. so you do what you have to do, but don't believe the cruise is cancelled until you hear it directly from Carnival.

Edited by ZuzusPetals

My flight is supposed to arrive on Thursday night at 10PM. I'm thinking that will be canceled. I'm thinking they will reschedule for Friday and then cancel it all together. Although the 11AM hurricane forecast looks a little better. I just can't see them flying anywhere near a hurricane.

You've got big problems flying Alleagent. They don't interline, and just refund.

Do they even have a flight the next day? I suggest, you attempt to get out now.

I'm SOL with Allegaint. Your absolutely right. My wife and I have made the decision not to leave early and be on the ground during the Hurricane. I don't think it's safe or worth my loss. There will be other vacations.

A little tip for you if you are driving down, make sure you fill the gas tank before you park the car in FL.

I have seen price gouging at it's worst leaving FL after a storm . Five gallon gas jugs for 25 bucks a pop, no gas was not included. Gas was not available until we traveled well over half of FL. I'm not trying to scare you just trying to prepare you, ;).

It is always good to have a full tank of gas during hurricanes, because if electricity goes out you may not be able to fill your tank because the gas station pumps may not work because they don't have electricity. And the nearest station with electricity could be 100 miles or more from your cuttent location.

Mandatory evacuations are to start in Brevard County (where Port Canaveral is) tomorrow at 3 PM.

I know most of you are worried about your cruise, as are we, but keep in mind, some of us live here, and are living this nightmare.

Well understood :(.

Sigh, I've been placed on mandatory call for 72 hours, I'll likely be living at work through the storm. At least I will have air conditioning. :rolleyes:

BoDidly, be safe out there, those secondary tornados are dangerous!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL VALOR

OCTOBER 8, 2016

October 7, 2016

Hello again,

As promised, I am back to provide you an update regarding the weather and our plans for your cruise.

Hurricane Matthew has now passed the Port Canaveral area. Officials in Port Canaveral and in the Bahamas will be completing their post storm assessments as soon as conditions are safe. If the port reopens tomorrow, we plan to operate our 5 day cruise with a two day call to Nassau. Depending on the conditions in Freeport and the long term track of the storm, we may be able to add a visit there later in the week.

Given the impact to your itinerary, we will be posting a 50.00 USD per person credit to your onboard Sail & Sign account for your enjoyment. Additionally, we would like to invite you on another 2-5 day Carnival cruise where we will gladly apply a 25% cruise discount* to your next reservation.

For the latest information regarding your sailing you can visit our website at https://help.carnival.com. Also, if you haven't already done so, please sign up for text alerts by texting CCL6 to CRUISE (278473) to receive updates.

We will stay in close contact with port officials and will provide you an update after 10:00 AM tomorrow regarding our embarkation times and itinerary plans.

We look forward to welcoming you on board!

Sincerely,

Signature - Arlene Marichal

On the Valor now. We were told we'd get an update from the port at 10am as to what time they will open.

We're heading there now to be ready.

I see it is supposed to be tomorrow afternoon, I hope for those debarking and embarking they might be able to move that up.