Allure suite guarantee question.

If I book a suite guarantee and there is no more jr suites available, only owners and crown lofts available do you think I will get one of the latter, or is there still a chance they hide jr suites for that?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If I book a suite guarantee and there is no more jr suites available, only owners and crown lofts available do you think I will get one of the latter, or is there still a chance they hide jr suites for that?

My experience is that there are staterooms they can make available that don't show up on websites. Always figure the most likely outcome of a guarantee is the minimum.

Three weeks ago we upgraded our Cat. H OV, which was assigned to our Y Gty, to an E3 balcony Gty for this month Brilliance TA when there were only D1 Superior balcony cabins available. That's what we got assigned the next day so we were assigned the highest balcony category to our lowest balcony category guaranty. We've had similar conditions when booking guaranties in the past and several times we were assigned a balcony for an inside Z Gty.

We've had friends who booked a W Gty when the lowest category available was a grand suite and that's what was assigned to them so it is very possible to get an nice upgrade with this situation. I not saying it's going to happen but there's a good possibility.

I actually look for this situation when booking our cruises especially when very close to the ship's sailing date. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

I sail in 32 days on Oasis. Went from an OV GTY to a JS GTY about 3 weeks ago, after a fantastic price drop on the JS (plus 3rd & 4th were free!). Cabin still unassigned. At the time there were no JS, no GS, one RFS, about 5 CLS, 3 OS, a few AquaSuites, and a couple of Star-class cabins . Just yesterday a bunch of the OS, CLS, and Star class cabins disappeared and a few additional CLS, GS, and JS just appeared. So I'm guessing they either upgraded for free or upsold some folks in those cabins. Waiting with baited breath for our assignment (or the upsell call).

November 2015 on Allure we upgraded from a D1 to a JS Gty about a week before sailing. The only suite available was a GS. We were assigned the GS the next day.

Edited by MikeBTN

someone who did buy a JS is just as likely to be bumped up to a GS or better to make room for you. they will also offer upsells for a minimal cost to other suite holders.

As of right now there are no js or gs available unless you search for a cabin of 4 people in which case there is (1) js and (3) gs

Two days ago on my sailing there were 0 JS. This morning there were 3 available. Now there are 8. They are either upgrading (for free) or upselling (for a small fee) folks that were already booked in a JS up to GS+, while those in JS GTY are waiting for our assignments. I have yet to be assigned, but I fully expected a JS when I booked the Cat W, and it looks like that's what we'll get. However there are still 3 CLS and 1 A3 available, so I'm holding out hope I'll get a phone call for an upsell. But I'm not expecting it.

I could also pay another $2,500 for a GS (which would be a GTY) and would probably get assigned one of those CLS's, but that's 50% more than I paid for the JS.