Favorite public spaces on the Serenade?

GCBCKat57

Just booked the Serenade for 4/22/06. Thanks to those who gave me valuable input and helped me choose between Adventure and Serenade and the four or five port itinerary. I can't wait to see Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados...and always psyched about St. Martin! I'm a two-time Explorer vet, and will surely sail her again, but it's so cool to be excited about every port of call...can't say the same about half the Explorer eastern carib ports.

Not sure if five ports may just be a bit too much...but I'm willing to figure that out :p

Okay...so let me know what your favorite public spaces are...and thanks in advance.

Kathy

The Crown and Anchor club room was my favorite -- picking the next cruise is always a Great time.... and there are so many nice public areas from which to choose.

I would also add that the Schooner Bar area was my least favorite...it was always smoke-filled and for me it was unfortunate that they located Chops and Portofinos off the Schooner Bar...who wants to walk through the smokey area all dressed for dinner - then sit down for a nice dinner with your clothes smelling like you dressed in the chimney?

Certainly they can find a way to have a smoker's bar area without making the non-smokers traverse the area enroute to their nicer restaurants.

Choosing to dine in the Windjammer and then taking my choices outside. There are tables aft of the windjammer and you can get some GREAT views while you casually dine! Just be sure to bring a hairclip if you have longer hair as it can be windy.

Also, the seaview cafe.

Hmmmm, I see a trend here......:D

The Schooner Bar was great. We loved our bartender, Alex, from the Phillipines. He even made beautiful little rosebuds out of a napkin. I still have them! Fun piano player there later in the evening as well. Lots of huge windows--beautiful views. Have a wonderful cruise!!!

RDeagazio...thanks, loved your pictures....she does look like a beauty.

coast2coast...I think DH's going to love the helipad...he's always looking for a neat place for port sailaways. Would the Viking Crown Lounge be comparable to Explorer's Dizzy's Lounge....one of my favorite places?

Also very excited about that beautiful solarium and the chance to sit outside in the Windjammer...the only thing I liked better about my first cruise on Carnival.

Can't wait!!!!:eek:

Yes, the Viking Crown Lounge (at least that's the area I call it) has two areas called Vortex and Hollywood Odyssey. I'm not sure how it's actually divided up as (from what I remember at least) it seems to be all one space. I just call that whole area the Viking Crown Lounge as that's what I remember calling "the bar area suspended above the rest of the ship" when I was on the Song of Norway back in '79 (at the age of 9)!

Been on the Serenade twice. She's a beautiful ship.

There a cows on the ship (sculptures, part of the art work on the ship). Take the glass elevator by the Windjammer up to Deck 13, and face the ocean. You will see them. Most people never see them. You can only see them from the elevator that faces outside the ship.

If I remember correctly they are blue.

:) :) :)

Well, this ship truly has everything! Mini golf, rock climbing wall, and BLUE COWS! Who would have thought? I can probably work up a good surprise for my family using the punchline "when the cows turn blue you can do that" and then we go up to see the cows.

Umm... if you're going to have sculpture.... why cows? There has to be a story behind this!

Hi Kathy!

We'll be on that cruise too. It will be our second cruise ever and, well, our second cruise on Serenade. We did Serenade in February and loved it and are taking my parents and brother and his wife along with us this time.

Our favorite places were the Safari Club (evenings before and after dinner, especially) and the Seaview Cafe. We always went up to the Seaview for snacks as the ship was pulling out of port since we chose the late seating for dinner. Great place to sit outside with a bucket of beer and some chicken fingers to share.

We have a thread going in the Meet and Mingle Roll Call section if you'd like to pop in!

Emily

Archived