Pre-cruise hotel on the beach

OHRiverRats

We're flying in to FLL 12/29 and cruising out of Miami on NYE. I'm looking for a nice hotel on the beach for the day before the cruise. We were hoping to stay at Margaritaville, but they're sold out. We would like something newer, under $500 a night and near restaurants. Any suggestions?

On the beach in Fort Lauderdale or on the beach in South Beach? :confused:

Good point John. For some reason I assumed Fort as they were looking at Mar'ville. But that's halfway.

OP, John is pointing out that if you want beach you have to consider Miami Beach or South Beach. (not Miami) Or stay the night in Fort Lauderdale. Again familiarize yourself with the areas and come on back when you have a few choices in mind.

Too you will need to consider transportation from Fort to POM.

Edited by eandj

Not particular which beach. We'll be flying in late so Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood would be more convenient, but we're flexible on that. We plan to use Uber to hotel and then on to POM on Saturday. I'll take a look at W and others listed here and see what we think. Thanks.

I've stayed recently at the Sonesta in FLL (which is across from the beach, but rooms have huge picture windows looking onto the beach) ... and upcoming have booked a stay at Marriott Beach Resort (on the beach) in Hollywood. Both cost in the $200 range. Maybe you're looking for something higher end --- but the Sonesta was a nice hotel and the Marriott looks nice in photos I've viewed.