Recent experiences with Disembarkation on Breeze with FTTF?

MemphisGirl81

We are leaving on the Breeze this Sunday October 9th. We have FTTF and need to be off early to drive the 10 hours home. Any idea the order that is usually followed for disembarkation? Is Priority self assist the first group off? Any idea what time they would start letting the Zone 1 group leave if we don't do self assist?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Mid-August with FTTF, self assist, which was a large group, went first. We were across the street and pulled out of the parking garage at 9:30.

My only negative comment is no porters were available when we disembarked. There were lots there, but already engaged. We travel light so it was a minor inconvenience.

We disembarked the Breeze on Sunday and are Platinum. Self Assist Platinum/FTTF were to meet at 7:45 am and those Platinums/FTTF who put their luggage out were to meet at 8:15. We arrived a little before 8:00 and all the Self Assist had already cleared out of the theater. Platinum/FTTF numbers 1-5 were called soon after we arrived. We shuttled to where our car was parked and were back at the port waiting to pick up our neighbors (who are not Platinum) by 8:28 am. Very easy and organized disembarkation. Longest wait was for Customs.

Thanks for the info, that helps. So are they still allowing regular self assist to start leaving before any of the platinum/FTTF passengers with zoned # tags? Our last cruise on the Dream was a complete mess trying to leave even with FTTF. No one told us the correct place to go. Hoping to prevent that this time.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The problem we encountered on the Breeze is that they were calling floors before the previous one was done disembarking. As a result, the elevator situation was an absolutely nightmare.

After waiting over 30 minutes for an open elevator, we ended up taking our luggage down the stairs ourselves from deck 11. Very, very tough.

So yes, Platinum and FTTF can disembark first, but good luck finding an elevator if you are on a higher deck. They will soon start calling the lower decks and then you won't be able to get an elevator at all. We are a family of five and traveled pretty light, all things considered. But still... a 9 year old can't carry a 40 lb suitcase down eight flights of stairs...

Mid-August with FTTF, self assist, which was a large group, went first. We were across the street and pulled out of the parking garage at 9:30.

My only negative comment is no porters were available when we disembarked. There were lots there, but already engaged. We travel light so it was a minor inconvenience.

Major porter issue in Galveston. Got off of the Breeze on Sunday and waited well over an hour for a porter.

We were priority and self assist. We were off the ship and through immigration and customs by around 8 am. Very quick really. I saw people looking for porters and a few were able to get them but we didn't need one. We travel with one large roller bag each (not the carry on type, the larger ones), a backpack for each person and one additional duffel. Worked out fine.

The one problem we had was elevators. Even with self assist before any floors had been called the lobby was full of people with luggage trying to come down from the upper decks. A door would open and there was no room. We were deck 7. I thought about just hitting the up button and getting on just to get a car, but we schlepped our luggage downstairs ourselves.

I also noticed that while we were told to be there by 7:30, by the time we arrived there was already a long line and we were there just before 7:30. Basically, people came pretty early and just waited. I don't think it ended up making a big difference, but just know that this could happen.

Breakfast is open as early as 6 am on debarkation day so if you want to eat before you leave the ship, plan to awaken very early. With a 10 hour drive ahead of you, I'd recommend you get on the road and grab a quick breakfast on the way.

We were in our car and heading down the highway by 9:30 am. That was after stopping for gas. Our drive was only 5 hours.