Friends backing out on cruise week before final payment

Desinico

Update!!! My friends have paid as well as myself. Yay!!! I wasn't able to come up with money for my mom [emoji24]. But we plan on going on one sometime next year [emoji16]. Just her and I.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Woo Hoo!! So glad you were able to work it out. :)

Update!!! My friends have paid as well as myself. Yay!!! I wasn't able to come up with money for my mom [emoji24]. But we plan on going on one sometime next year [emoji16]. Just her and I.

That's great!!! I hope you all have a great time!

Thanks for coming back and updating. So often, people get folks wrapped up in their drama or get answers to questions, and never come back with an update or to say thanks!!:)

That's great!!! I hope you all have a great time!

Thanks for coming back and updating. So often, people get folks wrapped up in their drama or get answers to questions, and never come back with an update or to say thanks!!:)

No problem. I'm super excited and can't wait!! I'm so happy to have that off my shoulders, I feel 20 lbs lighter lol . Thanks for all the advice to everyone!

We were on a cruise out of Galveston last month. The 3 guys in front of us at the boat drill were sailing for a bachelor party. Only problem is the groom backed out. His fiance was afraid he would get Zika. The guys had already paid in full and went anyway. They were having a great time whenever we saw them around the ship. They had a few choice words to say about the bride and the control she had over the groom that would make Donald Trumps comments seem pale in comparison!

Edited by DebJ14

Totally agree- I think it's very selfish to have a destination wedding and put your friends and family in a difficult situation. Finances and ability to take time off are sometimes difficult. I'm sorry but I don't want to spend my entire year's worth of vacation going on Your Cruise Wedding! (Not addressed to OP- but in genereal)

People should not committ to activities they know they cannot afford. Why say "yes" when you know you have no way of paying for it. Maybe if people are honest upfront in admitting they have caviar wishes on a sardine budget the bride can plan accordingly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

We were on a cruise out of Galveston last month. The 3 guys in front of us at the boat drill were sailing for a bachelor party. Only problem is the groom backed out. His fiance was afraid he would get Zika. The guys had already paid in full and went anyway. They were having a great time whenever we saw them around the ship. They had a few choice words to say about the bride and the control she had over the groom that would make Donald Trumps comments seem pale in comparison!

I am sure Zika was the excuse. Not the real

Reason. Feel

Kinda bad for the groom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk