Contact on Board?

Irishgrl73

What is the best way to get in contact with another guest on board? We are traveling with my Sister who will be on Deck 10 and we are on Deck 5. Any suggestion on how to stay in contact if we want to meet some where? We do not have Apple phones so I don't believe the app will work.

good ole fashion notes that you slip under the door or you can call and leave them voicemail.. I am 97.3% positive that you cannot retrieve voice mail from another location so they would have to head back to the room to get updated locations.

I am assuming you are lumping all smart phones into the "Apple" group or else I would've mentioned the app works on Android too

Edited by esm54687

good ole fashion notes that you slip under the door or you can call and leave them voicemail.. I am 97.3% positive that you cannot retrieve voice mail from another location so they would have to head back to the room to get updated locations.

I am assuming you are lumping all smart phones into the "Apple" group or else I would've mentioned the app works on Android too

I should have mentioned we have special needs child so hoping to figure out something with instant contact so if if she needs us when with him we can be reached.

I thought I had read messaging only worked with Apple phone. Thanks .

I should have mentioned we have special needs child so hoping to figure out something with instant contact so if if she needs us when with him we can be reached.

Buy some walkie-talkies.

Fairly certain iConcierge has an android version - as I know my parents were using it to book comedy shows on board (both have android phones). This would prob be your best bet to stay in touch - the app with messaging enabled (still 9.95/device?).

The ship is huge so walkies may not work, plus you can pick up others chatter.

Any smartphone can use the app. Droids can text apple. Apple can't text droids. Get the app, we love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't edit from the app. Second to last sentence needs to be corrected: Apple CAN text droids.

So, do you have Android devices? If you do, as I mentioned earlier the iConcierge app has an Android version. Any iConcierge user can text or talk to another iConcierge user while on board.

If you don't have a smartphone and communication is critical to you....... go to a carrier store and get a couple phones and return them after the cruise without penalty...... not the most ethical thing but....

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

There is a phone with voice mail in every cabin. There are phones all around the ship. Talking with each other is a VERY good way to communicate. It's also pretty easy to make an educated guess as to where to look for someone, the ship isn't really all that big.

Semaphore flags will work better than walkie-talkie radios and they will make for a lot less people hating you.

There is a phone with voice mail in every cabin. There are phones all around the ship. Talking with each other is a VERY good way to communicate. It's also pretty easy to make an educated guess as to where to look for someone, the ship isn't really all that big.

Semaphore flags will work better than walkie-talkie radios and they will make for a lot less people hating you.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

With a special needs child contact the access desk and request two hand phones. These are wireless phones that can be used throughout the ship. They are used by the staff to communicate with each other and have been extremely valuable to us when sailing with our special needs child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a special needs child contact the access desk and request two hand phones. These are wireless phones that can be used throughout the ship. They are used by the staff to communicate with each other and have been extremely valuable to us when sailing with our special needs child.

Thank you! I will do that!

AWESOME tip !! Thanks for sharing

I may be wrong (someone will correct me) but I think you can access messages left on your phone from any of the phones on the ship. So if you are on deck 10 and see a phone on the wall you can call your cabin and access any messages left for you. You need to have a password I think.

The nasty comments made by someone about special needs was horrible. I hope they are banned from cruise critic.:(

I may be wrong (someone will correct me) but I think you can access messages left on your phone from any of the phones on the ship. So if you are on deck 10 and see a phone on the wall you can call your cabin and access any messages left for you. You need to have a password I think.

The nasty comments made by someone about special needs was horrible. I hope they are banned from cruise critic.:(

Thank you. As long as the app works with our android phone we should be good but, just wanted to be prepared.

Thank you for your precision....

I needed to give myself room in case they upgraded the voicemail system since June when I was on the Breakaway

I love when someone will say "pick a number between 1 and 10"...... I like picking 6.43 or 1.965 - try it next time and watch the confusion..

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app