Finally Booked My First Cruise With NCL

Ned11

Just want to say a massive thank you to the guys on here that had been answering my questions.

I have finally booked with NCL on the Epic next May with my parents who are in their mid seventies.

Really looking forward to it as I keep hearing great things about NCL and the ship. :D:D

Edited by Ned11

Congrats.

A quick question (if you don't mind).

Is the "bathroom issue" on Epic seen differently from someone in the UK?

It's just not something you see much in the UK. I've only ever seen it a Premier Inn at Manchester Airport and just outside Stoke-on-Trent and I was sharing with my nephew so wasn't so good.

I just don't like the idea of being able to see through the glass at someone doing a number 2. [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You totally can't see through the glass!!! :eek:

I actually liked the bathrooms on the epic. My partner sometimes takes forever on the loo (what do men DO in there?!) And because it is seperated I could shower or brush my teeth while he was hogging the loo. There was no more sound or smell issues than any other type of bathroom and you certainly can't see through the glass. However- I don't think it would work as well for a non-couple. There's just much less privacy, the doors don't lock and you're stepping nude and dripping from the shower straight into the cabin. Yeah there's the curtain but I feel it could be awkward for friends or other relatives sharing.

You totally can't see through the glass!!! :eek:

I actually liked the bathrooms on the epic. My partner sometimes takes forever on the loo (what do men DO in there?!) And because it is seperated I could shower or brush my teeth while he was hogging the loo. There was no more sound or smell issues than any other type of bathroom and you certainly can't see through the glass. However- I don't think it would work as well for a non-couple. There's just much less privacy, the doors don't lock and you're stepping nude and dripping from the shower straight into the cabin. Yeah there's the curtain but I feel it could be awkward for friends or other relatives sharing.

Totally agree but thankfully for me, I'm not sharing with anyone as I'm in an inside.

I'm just really looking for to the ship and what it has to offer.

You'll have a fab time! Make sure you catch all the shows, especially Priscilla and Howl at the Moon. Eat the Moderno themed lunch buffet whenever it's available (the mexican buffet in there is the one meal we have never stopped talking about). Try a Mango Meltdown frozen cocktail (especially tasty when drunk in the aft view hot tubs in Spice H20).

Totally agree but thankfully for me, I'm not sharing with anyone as I'm in an inside.

I'm just really looking for to the ship and what it has to offer.

We had a cabin crawl on my Epic cruise in March. We started with my cabin since I was in a studio. I can't tell you how many people commented on the bathrooms in their cabins when they saw that in the studio cabins there's a "real" door on the bathroom! LOL.

Just want to say a massive thank you to the guys on here that had been answering my questions.

I have finally booked with NCL on the Epic next May with my parents who are in their mid seventies.

Really looking forward to it as I keep hearing great things about NCL and the ship. :D:D

NCL puts on a very nice meet and greet for Cruise Critic members.

Most of the Top Brass will be there and your C.C. friends too.

Have you checked out the roll calls for your sailing date??

The NCL" Dinning with an Officer " is also worth checking into.

The Group Coordinator @ the M&G can enter you into the drawing. ;)

Good for you, I loved the Epic. Bathrooms and all :p

NCL puts on a very nice meet and greet for Cruise Critic members.

Most of the Top Brass will be there and your C.C. friends too.

Have you checked out the roll calls for your sailing date??

The NCL" Dinning with an Officer " is also worth checking into.

The Group Coordinator @ the M&G can enter you into the drawing. ;)

I'll check it all out. Thanks for the heads up. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stayed at the Premier Inn at Gatwick airport earlier this year, had normal bathroom. But the funkiest hotel of all is the CitizenM at Amsterdam Schipol airport, the bathroom was literally in the room, you have to just Google for pictures, it's hard to describe. The shower was like a trip to Mars in a transporter capsule. Great hotel, I loved it. Was traveling by myself so no issues with the room but you could not share it with anyone but an intimate partner....a regular friend, no.

Edited by Rustybuttons123

I stayed at the Premier Inn at Gatwick airport earlier this year, had normal bathroom. But the funkiest hotel of all is the CitizenM at Amsterdam Schipol airport, the bathroom was literally in the room, you have to just Google for pictures, it's hard to describe. The shower was like a trip to Mars in a transporter capsule. Great hotel, I loved it. Was traveling by myself so no issues with the room but you could not share it with anyone but an intimate partner....a regular friend, no.

That sounds like the Epic bathroom set up. It's not a big deal for a couple, but families with teens or platonic friends sometimes have concerns with it. The glass is frosted, but you can clearly see the person inside either the toilet "transporter" or the shower "transporter"!

epic-toilet.png